Chapter Sixty- Three

The entire time she was locked in on the conversation, Colette's gaze was to the tall figure that disappeared out into the balcony. Her thoughts ran wild with each persistent glare but she couldn't move, not yet. She could only enjoy glimpses of raven hair that blew in with the wind and the calmness encompassed her body at the sight of it. There shouldn't have been calmness though for the world she and everyone knew was incessantly ending, she felt the serenity she felt by looking at the queen.

Coming to this house showed just how things deteriorated since the start of that fight a few days earlier. Some were just not ready to give up chasing that unattainable preeminence that was promised to them, however, in the midst of it she felt at peace and that was because Adira was there. Adira was everybody's hope, including hers but she was now coming to grips with reality; she was also everyone's hope whether she acknowledged it or not. 

"I will tell our people," said Aenon, bringing the girl back to reality and she remembered. Their conversation was about this now, anticipated union and the Avalon's people getting to learn of it. Aenon and his friends who came promised to reach out to their respective leaders and share what the gods had laid out to counteract the coup d'etat the vampires and giants, etc of the supernatural world had planned to attain what they felt had been hidden from them, or what they were excluded from.

"How long will that take? For them to receive the word and possibly send more help?"

The man, having hugged a quiet Lottie to his body the entire time, brushed his fingers against her soft fur as he thought of a reply. The dog's ears twitched beneath each stroke and at the sight of her, calm and relaxed Colette smiled.

"It will not take long," he answered, a genuine fondness reflecting on his face. 

"They will be happy to hear that these two sides will be merged. The people of the land and our people will coexist, hopefully in peace,"

Colette hoped. She wished and she prayed this would work to keep things in order or to put things back into place. She knew the world, especially the humans that survived wouldn't be the same since they discovered many things during this awful attempt at global control but she hoped that they would give them enough reasons to believe and trust in them.

"The sooner you reach out the better. I'm sure though, it'll just be a small get-together and then a formal announcement for those who did not get to hear."

"Of course,"

Quietly the man puts Lottie down and when he did, he bowed at the brunette.
"We will leave at sunrise,"

"Adira can get you guys to the water's front, no problem in that just so you know,"

"That would be appreciated,"

Aenon had realized her gaze never left the balcony and so he excused himself at the end or what seemed to be the end of their conversation.

Colette was finally able to avert all of her attention to the woman who still stood out there alone. The only one who did not leave her side was Lottie. Together the two wandered into the open space, the breeze that greeted them blew but with a hint of sadness. Even the night's sky looked dull, the moon had eloped, drowned beneath the clutter of dark clouds, the same as the sun.

"You've been so quiet since you finished addressing everyone," mentioned Colette and Adira turned around, amber eyes pinned to her. There was something about the way she looked at her that told the girl the woman dwelled on the unchanged and the things that haunted them. She appeared saddened, hurt even but any signs of it were quickly repressed and replaced with a caring expression.