Chapter Fifty- Five

Colette was relieved and after the minute-long back and forth she had with her family trying to convince them that the people they saw weren't the enemy but there to help. It was a show, watching her mother cry her eyes out and plead for them not to do that, eventually, defeat sunk in when the manor shook violently once more and the rising water had bubbled to their knees.

The girl was finally able to breathe when three of these aquatic beings, the ones who bore resemblance to obscure, almost fantasy-like beings more so than humans took her family, softly by the hands and led them through the tunnel.

"They will take them away from here, do not worry," Aenon, Colette realized was the one to lead them there confided. And that was the truth because the merpeople and water nymphs worked together to lead her mother and siblings into safety. They had weapons with them, or at least the girl prayed the weird things they carried were.

Finally alone with the tens and tens of unfamiliar faces, Colette and her friends had the opportunity to rejoin the tension above and if they needed to, fight with the others but she didn't indicate that she wanted to do that.

"Come," the man led the way despite not knowing a single thing about the manor. It was pure instinct that told him where to turn and it amused the girl. Further amusement was served when as he walked, his bare feet slapped loudly against the concrete and as it did he looked down, completely amazed by this wonderful yet weird texture he felt. Colette could see him fight hard to contain his joy over something as mundane and small as bricks and concrete but that changes quickly when they stepped out into the dilapidated part of the gigantic building.

A cold breeze swooped across at them, inciting the girl's hair to fall out of place and dangle over her shoulders and face. The nastiest storm she'd ever seen took place, for a heavy rain poured and poured yet somehow fires burned in the distance. Outside there it was a myriad of things going on. The people stood beside Colette as they watched the madness.

The land was desecrated, spoiled by wounded and dead beings, polluted by discarded weapons. The nature of the estate was ruined: charred trees still smoked, the beautiful flowers planted in the gardens mashed into pulps, and the estate started to flood too which was their doing. They influenced the water, they quietly flooded the estate and that was simply to help when the time was right.

The merpeople and the water nymphs seeing the bone-chilling things wept. The destruction of nature there on land made their anger flare but to see the Avalon's host in such distress when they glanced across to her was far worst.

"Here," said the man, Aenon whose name Colette recited in her head over and over so she wouldn't forget it.

He handed to her a spear-like weapon that they had brought with them but she hadn't a clue what she'd do with it. They truly expected her to fight and with that thing, she thought observing it. She'd never seen anything like it, what even was it? What was she supposed to do with it? Poke people?

Observing this, a woman with beautiful locs stepped up and took the spear out of Colette's hand, thrusting it back to Aenon, she frowned. All those around witnessed the quiet back and forth while the ongoing war sounded in the background.

"What she needs is to call the water, we can do the rest if she does not want to fight," said this woman causing a mixture of reactions. There were some among the group who thought the brunette should be the one to lead them into the fight while others thought it was best if she stayed where it was safe. They couldn't risk getting her hurt nor could they risk losing the Avalon to hibernation again.

With those thoughts permeating within their heads, all of the people looked at Colette and she studied them with intrigue. Call the water? How was she going to do that? They were a few miles away from the ocean and the lake was a bit further away for her to do that. Was it even possible though, to call the lake from all that distance?