Chapter Thirty- Four

"C'mon baby let's go before she wakes up," Colette whispered after she carefully lifts the cover from her body and slipped out from underneath it.
She tiptoed against the carpeted floor, trying her best to not disturb the sleeping queen or bump into anything in the relatively dark room as she did.

As she crept through the room, she beckoned her baby forward too. Lottie who had been snuggled up in the corner of the room inside of her fluffy bed perked up, her tail wagged incessantly as she followed her master's lead out the quiet room into the equally quiet halls.

Looking back at the figure on the bed, Colette made sure Adira was still sound asleep before she took another step further, shutting the door behind her as they left.

It was barely even six in the morning but the girl felt like she needed some air. Cooped up inside the woman's home was nice most of the time because she got to spend the last three days with her but truly she felt like she was some sort of prisoner or a piece of high maintenance possession that needed to be kept under security or hidden away because the only persons who knew where they were had been only them and the older man they'd been expecting.

Colette didn't like that, she never enjoyed having her liberation and livelihood dwindled to nothing but walls and curfews, and now it was far worse than when she'd met Adira and her revenants. This time there were people actively oppressing her, some even wanted to end her life, others wanted to hold her captive. And such an epiphany was an annoying one.

Attaching the leash to Lottie's collar as they stepped out into the hall, carefully traversing the area, Colette led them over the stairs and out the front door.
They would walk and enjoy the peace that the morning brought about in the quiet home and hopefully, by the time they got back Adira would be up and they'd talk.

Speaking of Adira, Colette couldn't help but zone out as she recalled the heated encounter between her and her majesty just hours prior. She could remember how the woman pretended to resent the request to shift at first, she remembered her taste when she finally was allowed to eat from her in that state, she remembered the intoxicating smell of her arousal as her nose dragged against her wet core, the feel of her slick walls throbbing from completion. All those memories made Colette's stomach flip, they flipped again due to excitement and she did her best to quell the growing tension and she did so by gripping Lottie's collar tighter to her palm and opening the door.

At the first glimpse of the waking day, Colette missed the objects that sat there on the large porch. She was too busy taking in the way the dew sat like a watery coat against the plants and trees on the large land. It made a smile curl on her lips at the beauty. She wasn't used to this place, the manor was where she resided but now this property was just as archaic and magical. It had beautiful trees that were well kept, the yard in front stretched for several metres, there was a significantly high fence that locked in the secrets of this place even though she saw that there were no neighbours around.

It was breathtaking, this place and so was the morning. And while the girl was busy taking in the property on that fine morning, in that second she was completely unaware of the grave chest that sat there but Lottie started to growl at it.

Snapped from her reverie, the brunette frowned glancing at the dog at her feet. Lottie growled and barked pulling away from the brunette's feet even more.

"What is it gi-" the sentence trailed off once Colette saw what her baby was growling at.

A black box or chest about half of Lottie in width sat next to a bag that seemed to have been excavated from the driest part of the earth due to its condition.
Something seemed to be inside of both objects and just the sight of them piqued the younger woman's interest.