Chapter Twenty- Nine

At the end of the conversation, it was visible that Isabella battled with a myriad of emotions. Edas told her everything; he mentioned names and the more recent addition to the list appalled her tremendously. The being she was shunned by, the force she had loved before Aksel was now a part of the evil the world was yet to know and in her inebriated state the woman's heart pained.

The vampire told her of the plan, of the inescapable chaos, he told her of the millions on earth who were calculated to be hurt both in the supernatural and human world. He told her of all those who incited him from within the council, to those who incited them, to those who were observing in the heavens and beyond, betting on the entire thing. He told her how long it was brewing and how they instigated little things. Edas told her about her child and how they used her as a pawn and it brought back memories of the creators telling her never to have a child nor to form relationships with the humans.

The vampire's words only confirmed Isabella's suspicions from the inception and now that it was laid out so descriptively, the woman felt sick to her stomach. Sick to the point where she felt like disappearing yet again. She felt like searching for a hole or a cave deep within the earth to hide.

She felt ashamed, she felt livid, she felt hurt that no one stopped her in the past when very clearly they saw glimpses of the future where destruction and pain would be prevalent.

"I think it best if you leave," her words were spoken directly to Edas but she did not look at him.

She knew she couldn't harm him even if she wanted to because the authorizes at play would castigate her for interfering in matters she had no business in but how she wanted to rip the man limb from limb. For the first time, Isabella understood her daughter and her reasoning; Edas was a shitty person and he deserved to have his teeth knocked in, him and all those who allowed themselves to be tempted by the wicked.

Quietly, the flamboyant vampire stood and his wife followed suit. They had smug looks on their faces that everyone in the room, even Sam and Isaac were aware of.

"It is never too late to reconsider, Isabella. Your old friends, your siblings would welcome you once again with open arms. They have so much planned, they have vibrant new ideas for this place and its people. The current way of life on earth is mundane and segregated. The ones who are looking and have influenced me and everyone else wants to end that. They want inclusivity, they want a world where humans know that the gods they worship are not the only ones in the universe. They want to educate and weaponize the people,"

Which was true. The god known to humans as the creatures of the world were not the only gods but they were the only ones who did not submit to perversion. The ones who had humility and kindness.

"I'd like to flip the cards and let you know that it is never too late for you to reconsider," replied the older devil. "There is a reason your friends didn't come to do the dirty work themselves, Mr Webb. This is all a joke to them. You are nothing but disposable to them,"

Isabella knew. She knew what the gods were like. They had nothing good planned for the world, they only wanted chaos and to see bloodshed.
She was there with the ones who were of a darker calibre, though shortly. She remembered how they spoke of the world and her goddesses creation. They wanted to sabotage everything, to gain power and that was why she left. It was why she segregated herself from both sides after being cursed by her creators because it was nothing but violence and hatred on both spectrums. 

Once the husband and wife duo left the room, Isabella turned to Isaac and Samuel to see their blank faces. The men were scarred by what was told and at the look on their visages, she remembered that this was probably the first time they ever heard of the other deal devils and sinful empyreans in the sky.