Epilogue

A lil something I concocted for yall 🥺

×

Her mansion was quiet ever since she'd returned from her endeavours the previous day. Enrique and the other trainees who lived there had retired to their respective quarters and although the woman was glad to be rid of them for they wore a sore to her eyes, she was troubled. Troubled because she would have to pour her own wine, take out her own food and lay it down at the table. She'd have to open her own door and she just wasn't about that. She'd already spent the entirety of the previous day out trying to get Scarlett and Wolf to show their faces on the day of the wedding, something she did not want to do so she didn't want to add even more tedious things to her list of things to do.

Isabella wanted peace now that she could retire in solitude again. She could continue to live her life as a recluse now that Adira and that girl were doing the work allotted to them. She could rest now for all was well even if it was just for her and not the rest of the world. She liked being away from too much work and that was probably the only reason she enjoyed doing all the things she did before that day, it guaranteed she'd be unbothered for quite some time.

The woman, her brows knitted together at the silence that filled her vicinity, was about to yell for Enrique to fetch her something cold to drink due to her mood suddenly starting to change as she'd settle by the dinner table but she heard something. That quiet yet distinct sound indicated someone warped around the vicinity.

It caught her off guard if she was being honest. She wondered who could've disrespected her with this unsolicited visit. Isabella perked up, her sharp ears eventually recognized this sound and so her rapt eyes followed where it would've come from. She stood up immediately, her robe swung as she moved toward the balcony for it was where it emanated from.

The door that led out into the wonderful breeze was locked but when she pushed it and it flew open and she froze not from surprise or irritation but just because.

Scarlett stood out front, her auburn hair tumbling over svelte shoulders. Her white gown glowed underneath the dim light, the gold around her ankles and wrists, arms and waist sparkled beneath the light that shone down onto her from the heavens itself.

Scarlett's back was turned to the woman, her arms stretched out at the side of the rail. Isabella knew that she heard her come out there but did not turn around, she simply stared into the ocean.

"It's a different experience when you observe life in the perspective of life," said the goddess.

Her silky voice did stir up unsolicited emotions in Isabella but she was good enough to repress these dangerous feelings.

"Is there a reason you're here?" Questioned the devil after standing there for a hot second and at her strident voice, Scarlett turned around but slowly.

Grey, cat-like eyes found it's way to those warm embers. They seemed to smile without there even being a trace of a smile on the goddess's face.

"Is that the way a dog should greet their master?" Scarlett asked and at those words, the devil audible scoffed. She grimaced, her pretty visage twisting with scorn.

Isabella bit her tongue, however. She chided herself on allowing the woman to get to her. So, she averted her attention to the goddess's attire. She had changed from her former gown, this one was a bit more relaxed and did not scream its primordial significance and preeminence but it was still beautiful. The ends were frailed, hovering above the ground same as her feet. The waist of this dress lay partially opened displaying the golden jewellery around her waist. There was a slit on either side that ran up her thighs, stopping at her hips and the slits revealed the jewellery that was also around her thighs.