Chapter Forty- Seven

Colette clung to Adira while the woman tried to stop her hand from bleeding. The queen had to think fast and so she wrapped her fingers around the deeper cuts, focusing her attention on healing them so her girl wouldn't lose any more blood. And it did work, she felt the deep cuts as they sealed themselves beneath her touch but not all of them sealed entirely.

Weeping and panting filled the infirmary and as she tried to comfort the hysterical girl.

The queen turned to Aksel in this instance. The man was just as stunned as she was and his shock was justified. Same as Adira's. The warlock didn't quite know what went wrong or why the brunette bled incessantly but it was enough to leave his old heart racing. He sure didn't know how to help because the girl clung to the slender figure like a koala bear to a branch but he stood close just in case his assistance would be needed.

Adira, however, had never seen the girl display such an ability before and was taken aback by the entire incident. To warp through space and time wasn't something she would've fathomed Colette being capable of. Even to show up like that when she was expected to be brought back whole was unsettling.

Was the Avalon even capable of teleporting? How scared did she need to be to even do such a thing?

"Mon amour," the woman couldn't move for the girl held onto her neck, squeezing them together. Colette cried and cried and although she wanted her to get it all out, the woman grew anxious. Someone tried to hurt the girl and she knew all too well that it was those assholes.

Momentarily worried about the safety of the girl's family since the possibility that she was followed existed, Adira tried to garner information from her.

"Tell me what happened, why is there so much blood? Where did you come from?"

The brunette choked on her sobs, not once giving Adira a moment to breathe. She held onto her for dear life. Her eyes were squeezed shut, every muscle in her arm activated to keep them both in place.

"They attacked me." Cried Colette and her majesty was only able to hear those three words, everything else was an incoherent blur of whimpers and sobs and whines.

"Who attacked you? What happened to the revenants who were supposed to bring you back?"

"I...the car stopped in the middle of nowhere," Colette finally unhooked her arm from around Adira's neck and as she did she realized that she was bleeding the whole time but she couldn't see where. She knew it had to be where the woman's fingers wound tightly around but she couldn't bring herself to peek.

"We thought it was car trouble but someone came out from the bushes and did a thing to the car that fucked it up. Everything was mush, the seat, the doors fell off,"

"Who was it?" Asked Adira, her amber eyes filled with compassion and hate to the point where they glistened, misted by tears. Colette saw the switch, the burial of the soft, playful person who usually dwelled within the woman. She was no more in that moment and as she regarded Adira, she felt like the woman was a danger even to her.

"Edas and this man..this other person. He had wings, horns, big horns. He had armour on him and symbols on the exposed parts of his body were similar to yours whenever you shift."

Immediately the caring nature Adira tried to let prevail dissipated. Compassion flew out the window, remorse followed and they were chased by the sinister saboteur that had taken over.

She got up from beside the bed, stepping back from Colette.

"He said.." Colette groaned as she studied her arm. The queen was able to stop the bleeding, she even healed the wounds partially but the sight of the indentations did cause her stomach to quiver again.