Chapter Fifty- Two

The place Adira took the vampires, orcs, trolls, and other idiotic beings to was somewhere they never expected, somewhere they never thought to be taken in the middle of a battle. However, even in the height of their beings stretching through space and time, they, the rebels, the brave invaders, the anti-Adira battalion tried to apprehend her as she dragged them along, but couldn't get a hold on her due to their bodies not being trained for this weird thing.

Her majesty though was so accustomed, quite used to teleporting that she was unfazed even when she showed up at the desolate land with nothing but dry dirt and humidity. This place was close to hell. It was fervent and quiet, it was a nightmare, how black and lifeless it was despite being on earth. A nightmare on the green planet it was.

Upon the cretins touching the sweet, sweet ground after what felt like them being dragged, something many thought they would never encounter again, the people gagged and retched as their stomachs were turned upside down.

The queen observed grown men and women as they cried, some begging for the familiar embrace of their mothers or wives, husbands, others praying to their gods and goddesses, seeking guidance and assistance. All the queen could do was laugh. Such brave people they were she thought.

"You fuc-" an orc said unexpectedly, stumbling over to the beast of a woman who stood taller than any among them.

This man in his attempt couldn't even touch Adira even though he apprehended her. Due to dizziness getting the better of him, he groaned, fumbling into a group who tried to get off their feet. He fell to his stomach, his hard, grotesque back facing the woman and she watched him struggle and struggle to regain equilibrium.

Although it was dark in this place Adira saw all of them as if it were day. And her eyes, shone like two stars to the people, so vibrant and angry, the only thing they probably could've seen.

"So you want me dead?" Questioned that strident voice when the majority of her wonderful friends began to find themselves again.

Nothing but disgust and hatred filled her heart and mind while witnessing this. The need to be a murderer and allow the wicked beast that resided in the deepest, darkest parts of her soul to step to the forefront and smirk was great. Usually, there was a tight rein the woman had on this being but that day it was was relaxed. Adira, the conscious, the thoughtful, the woman poised with grace and humanity took a step back only to let this monster, this saboteur she subdued for weeks, months, rear its ugly head.

Many of the people she'd brought to this desolate land found their feet faster and faster, so much so that they swung their formidable swords around, aiming their bows at her yet again and the queen seeing this, grimaced.

The people's uproars once again filled the atmosphere like a dreary, sinister musical. Orchestrated by monsters and murderers, heathens and the innately wicked, their song of war and blood wailed.

The queen ruminated, woe to the horde of mischief-makers for their endeavour would be the cause for their bitter end. Why would they think fighting against her was a wonderful idea asked the vain beast that was the deal devil in the queen? Did they think it would work even after weeks, months of solidifying their plans and strategies? Were they expecting her to not fight or be weak? She pitied them for they were about to face a bitter end and childishly so, and without knowledge of this.

Adira laughed at the notion and it was a hearty, wicked laugh, one that those evil queens in Disney films would laugh bust out when things went their way. A laugh so sinister and bone-chilling, the many eyes of the mischief-makers studied the two Suns that shone down at them. The people stopped their mumbles and war cries to observe the woman who laughed at them.