Chapter Sixty- Eight

A/n

This chapter long as shit and because of that, I decided to put it into two parts. So one more chapter and I'm done fr 🤭

×

Before the crack of dawn, Colette had woken up, almost as if something had willed her to do that. She'd dragged herself out of bed, careful not to wake Adira who was deep in her slumber to the point of her soft snores filling her ears. A fraction of a smile danced across the girl's lips as she quietly slipped from the bed.

Lottie had seen her creep out of the room but said nothing nor made a fuss for she too had been depleted from interacting with nearly every soul yesterday. All the dog wanted was peace until the sun rose, for then she'd be in the mood to play with the countless strange faces.

Upon venturing through the house to get to the kitchen for a moment of silence and a drink of water perhaps, Colette discovered she wasn't the only person that suffered a night restless and void of sleep. Petra, Beth, Felix and Hans had all sat around the formidable dining table, quietly discussing future events and it was there the girl walked in on them.

She learned they too were anxious not only about the unconventional wedding that was supposed to conclude in the next several hours but everything that would come after. They did their best to remain optimistic and valiant but the girl saw right past it. She descried each of their worries and she did her best to scribble them down in her hippocampus where on a later date she could retrieve them only to have them discarded for good by fixing these concerns.

"You should get back to bed, get as much rest as you can," said Beth when they all stood from the table, ready to depart. The gentle of the day coming to them peeked through the curtains.

"The ceremony doesn't start until eleven which means you get more time to rest,"

"I'll try even though I feel like I drank a dozen red bulls,"

The blonde chuckled, her brown eyes pinned to Colette. She looked so different from the last time she'd seen her which was at her doorstep pleading for forgiveness. Her face looked way slender than she remembered. Her eyes were just as big but something was lurking behind them, and she'd come to learn that thing was called the Avalon. It made Colette seem wiser, more mature but still so sweet and obstinate. Beth realized being exposed to the paranormal would do that to anyone but she was happy for the girl if she was happy that this was her new reality.

"You're anxious," Beth eventually stated once she considered why Colette was awake just like the rest of them and she completely understood why. The fate of the entire world now rested on her shoulders and that was big. Her decision to forge a union with the queen woman came with tons of responsibilities she was sure so she understood her trepidation and possibly the second thought about completing it.

"It happens to the best of us Colette, so try not to beat yourself up about it," 

"Thanks," the brunette whispered watching the girl about to walk off with Petra but before she could leave, she placed a hand out to hers.

Beth's questioning gaze lingered until the brunette revealed why she did that.

"Thank you for not hating me," she revealed and the girl before her remained quiet.

"I was such an asshole to you for most of her our relationship and I just wanted to tell you that I deserved everything you said and did. I was childish, I was taking a lot of my shit out on you and I sincerely apologize. I truly do want to say thank you, for not holding any of it against me and for being there when it seemed as though I'd lost Adira,"

"I know if the roles were reversed you would've done the same. You're not selfish, you've never been selfish you were just a hurt person who unintentionally hurt someone. We all tend to do that sometimes, we get a cut and rather than sit still and tend to it, we move around frantically, painting the white t-shirts of those who were in our way with this blood,"