Chapter 3 - The Way to Cure Second Prince

In the Emperor's study...

"The reports are clear your majesty, the Quan's won't be able to escape this time. Our guards has made it sure and also all the advantages which Quan's can use are sealed. So they don't have a way to get away from this trap"

Uhal, Manik's most trusted guard reported clearly. It was a dawn time when Uhal suddenly appeared in the study. It was still early to leave bed but for the emperor to leave the bed and settle himself in study is not a new thing at all. Manik couldn't sleep more than 5 hours in a day. So he get up before sun rises and review the reports early before attending court.

Manik slowly looked at the contents written on paper before nodding. Quan's are the greatest enemy of Samrat. For the past several years they are actually aiming to attack but because of the Samrat's natural defence it was not that easy. The whole empire of Samrat is surrounded by high mountains and forests making it impossible for enemies to attack easily. Even if it is possible, it needs a great strategy to complete.

"They won't dare to commit mistake" he replied slowly "they have been trying to find loopholes but in these years they failed miserably"

Uhal nodded "you're right your majesty. There's also a news that her highness empress requested to Empress Dowager to let her take care of second prince"

Manik frowned when he heard the news. He tore his gaze from paper and fixed it on Uhal who was standing at side.

"She did?"

He never expected this. He heard that the daughter of General lived isolated life during her maidenhood. And also that she doesn't like to interest with others too much. She even brought only two maid with her. He also heard the news of her rejecting the offer of giving more servants from Kumeka. But the sudden decision of taking care of second prince is kind of surprising. When did she come so close with second prince to take such decision. Though he was not doubting on her character and moral but the decision of her was surprising the Manik couldn't help but point out some views.

"Yes, empress dowager agreed to it" Uhal confirmed.

Manik nodded again "once the court is over, I will visit Rose Palace"

"Yes your majesty"

In the Rose Palace...

After bathing, Nandini get dressed and sit before the huge oval shaped golden mirror. Atropa was doing her hair while Ageratina helping her to wear some jewelries.

"My lady, is second prince not really curable? I heard that he has been crippled for long and still though doctors treating him but couldn't cure completely" Atropa frowned while saying this.

Nandini looked at the white gem bracelet which Ageratina helping her to wear. The condition of second prince is not something impossible to treat but all these year he was....

"He lost all energy during that way few years ago. Since then he was not able to use his legs like before. Some says he tried to suiside because he couldn't take the pain of not being able to join army again" Ageratina added.

"His legs..." Nandini was about to say when the guard from outside informed that the emperor is arrived. Nandini was surprised for a moment. It had been a 3 days since she saw him. Shaking her head she quickly finished dressing and went out to receive him in meeting hall.

The moment Manik stepped inside inner room he smelled a faint fragrance. Once the fragrance hit his nostril his head started to feel dizzy slightly. He frowned not knowing what's happening and rubbed his forehead. What happened suddenly? He was all fine just now and suddenly felt dizzy?