Special Chapter 3 - Princess Soniya's Gift

"Princess Soniya?" Nandini said as she looked at the girl striding towards them. She placed her tea cup on the table and focused her attention to Soniya who stopped infront of her and bowed a little showing courtesy.

"Your highness" Soniya smiled gently, "please forgive me if interrupted your moment" her voice was mild and gentle.

"It's fine Princess Soniya. You have came earlier to attend the ceremony but I couldn't find time to meet you properly" Nandini have a nod, "please have a seat"

"Thank you your highness" Soniya smiled at sat down on the vacant chair. "My parents couldn't come because of some matter. They have apologised for it"

"I understand, now that you have came, everything is fine" Nandini replied, "would you like to have some tea Princess Soniya?"

"No thank you, your highness" Soniya shook her head. "Before I came here my mother personally told me to apologise because she couldn't attend the crowning ceremony. So she asked me to bring this apology gift for you" Soniya turned and gestured to her maids who immediately brought a box.

Soniya took the box from her maid and opened the lid. There was a beautiful necklace with red gem inside. Soniya revealed a smile, "my mother has personally asked the jeweler to made it, I hope your highness will accept it"

Antara and Henna peeked inside the box. The red gem was glossy and shining showing its glory. Antara nodded her head, "ah, it's such a beautiful necklace. Princess Soniya are you from Alwar?"

Sonya nodded, "yes your highness, how did you know about it?"

"I have heard much about Alwar, specially about the famous red gem" Antara replied.

Soniya smiled with a proud look, "yes, what you have heard is right. Alwar is famous for the red gem called Ruby. And this pieces in the necklace was personally chosen by my mother. She wanted the best" she pointed towards the small gems in the necklace design.

Ananya who was sitting at side, rolled her eyes. What a bragging! She thought in her mind. Did she came to show off the Ruby necklace?

"Your highness, did you like it?" Soniya asked looking at Nandini.

Nandini glanced at the necklace, "it's pretty, I must thank your mother for this gift" then she looked at Ageratina, "take this gift Ageratina and put it safely"

"Yes" Ageratina nodded and took the box from Soniya and closed the lid casually which made Soniya frowned. She was quite surprised that the Queen didn't took much interest on the necklace like she expected. She thought after seeing the necklace The Queen still be happy and even ask her more about it. But she simply kept it aside as the red gem didn't matter to her.

"Princess Soniya have you met Ananya?" Nandini asked making Soniya startled.

"Ah?" Soniya looked confused.

"Meet she is Princess Ananya of Swalam" Nandini pointed towards Ananya who was quietly drinking tea.

"Oh" Soniya pretended to be surprised.

"Yes, she is my daughter" Antara smiled.

"Well, we have—"

"Already met" Ananya stated before Sonya could complete her words.

"Oh you two met? It's great then" Nandini smiled, "where did you two encountered?"

Ananya smiled looking at Soniya. Looking at her the scene she hated the most suddenly flashed in her mind. "I met her when Prince Digvijay was helping her to walk properly. I didn't know that the Princess of Alwar couldn't even walk properly when the kingdom is quite famous for its red glory"