Chapter 34 - A Sinister Plan

Next morning in the west side of the temple, there was a sobbing sound inside the room. Two woman sitting on bed. One was sobbing continuously and other one trying to console. The sobbing was quite loud but the closed door made it faint voice.

"Mother, why it is turned out like this?" Lakshya sobbed covering her face.

Sumeska pitifully looked at her daughter. She was crying from yesterday. Her chocked tone almost fading due to the continuous cry. She couldn't endure such scene as she grabbed a handkerchief and gently wiped Lakshya"s tearful face pushing away her hand.

"You break down just because you failed for once?" Sumeska looked dissatisfied "how could you give up like this?"

Lakshya looked at her "mother, the new Empress made me fool of myself. And she even making me to go and live in military camp. How could I live there and cook for soldiers. If father hear this, he will be so disappointed with me and may be in future will not even recognise me as his daughter" saying this she cried again.

"Your father is selfish man. He only looks for benefits and love to enjoy himself in pleasure with various woman" Sumeska's face filled with disgust "all these years I have done so many things for him but in return  what did I gain? Just because I couldn't get pregnant and give him a son he married again and brought back woman in home shaming me before everyone. After marrige whatever my family and I did for his benefits he almost forgot everything because he has power now. Because of my family still in high status he couldn't go against me so he ignored me and favoured those woman" her fist clenched tightly as anger surfaced on her face.

Lakshya gazed at her mother. It was true. Those other woman gave birth to a son and that is why he favoured them so much. But because she inherited good looks and amazing skill in cooking her status was quite high in society so her father did not neglected her much. But if something bad happen that man will surely not let it go.

"Mother his majesty himself approved for me to go and serve in camp. I don't want to go there. Even though back in family our status was not high but our living was not bad either. I can't let myself suffer in camp for nothing" Lakshya almost yelled in annoyance.

Sumeska turned to look at her "I am still alive and won't let you live such life. Besides we are still in temple. So even if you have to go, that will be after leaving this temple" suddenly Sumeska smiled " I have heard what Chityakanta said during our chitchat. From her point she wants to stay here little longer that planned date. So all we have to do is grab the chance"

Lakshya's tearful eyes gazed at her "I thought to cook some good snacks and based on my cooking skills no one is there who haven't praised after eating. Even though his majesty seems little indifferent but still he is a man. Everything was going fine until empress showed up. She changed the whole situation" Lakshya's clenched her fist tightly. It was so tight that it almost forced her nails to dig inside the skin.

Sumeska smiled "I know my daughter I brilliant and will never fail me. But this time the opponent is not a ordinary person but belongs to royalty. You have trained in etiquette so how can you forget such matter. His majesty is a ruler and have seen so many rare things so some ordinary skills won't enter his eyes. To get him in our hand we have to grab a good chance and attack on it so no matter what whether he wants or not he couldn't refuse you"

Lakshya looked puzzled "mother what are you planning? I couldn't understand"

Sumeska raised her hand and cleaned the tears on Lakshya's face "first you have to stop crying now. Don't let tout grievance show on your face. Just prepare yourself to look beautiful"

"Mother what are you planning. Tell me" Lakshya insisted.

Sumeska laughed "fine, listen to me. Whether it is high or low, we still belong to a reputed family. Besides I have a good bargain in my hand. Don't forget I have saved Chityakanta once and she is indebted a huge favour on me. I have never thought of that but now I am going to use it"