Chapter 26 - The figures In Shadow

Next Morning, another thing happened. Nandini was having her morning tea peacefully but someone barged inside early in the morning breaking the peaceful air. Atropa who was watering the flower plant kept on window frame suddenly paused as she turned her head to look behind. She saw a male figure walking inside.

"Sister in law" Vaibhav called out as he huffed. He panted then shook his head trying to get over the panting session.

"I just heard from brother that you have an eagle. I did not see it yesterday" he said looking around "where it is?"

Nandini raised her eyes and calmly looked at him "is that something to show off? My Egy is a busy bird, he Doesn't have free time much"

Hearing the ridicule the corner of Vaibhav's lips twitched. Seriously? A bird become too busy? Is that a kind of King that need to shoulder the responsibility of a kingdom?he wanted to ask this but looking at Nandini's face all his words swallowed back down through his throat.

"I was just curious. While I was in war camp, we used many animals buy in that category birds are exception. We never thought the bird family could be dangerous at some point of time" Vaibhav explained.

Nandini put the cup on table "as a comander you shouldn't underestimate anyone even if the opponent looks weak which sometimes could only be a illusion on surface"

"I guess what sister in law saying is right. Next time when I go in war camp, I will definitely improve my technique and give the soldiers different training" Vaibhav added seriously. He couldn't believe this kind of words were said by a woman who is rumoured to never stepped out of the general mansion. Even the general Kanta might be surprised if he hears such thing from his vary own daughter. But Vaibhav have to admit that Nandini's point of view on things are kind of accurate which force others to believe her obediently.

"Since you understood, I will leave now. I have to see mother" Nandini said before leaving.

Vaibhav watched her disappearing figure before turning his poker face towards Atropa who shrugged it off rolling her eyes and continued to watering the flower plant.

On the other side of the room a girl was lying on bed. Her body has few scratches but other than that she is totally fine. Beside the bed General Kulya was sitting on his wheelchair. Since his body is still under treatment because of his severe injuries, he can only sit on chair not moving. He come to visit his princess early in the morning to assure himself that their princess is finally back again and this all thanks to the new Empress.

The girl on bed stirred before her eyelashes flattered. Slowly she opened her eyes only to find wooden ceiling. She frowned. Last time she remembered seeing while ceiling of that caged room but how come it changed into wooden one? Confused with her thought she roamed her eyes before landing on a similar figure in from of her. Instantly her eyes widened.

"General Uncle?" She exclaimed as she hurriedly jerked her body and sit on bed.

"How are you feeling princess?" Kulya asked smiling looking at her shocked face.

"Is it real? Uncle you....." She couldn't finish as her eyes brimmed with tears. She thought she won't be able to see her families again but today the general Uncle is really before her.

"Yes, it is true. Princess, we are now in a temple and under the protection of Emperor of Samrat" Kulya informed her.

"I... Am really rescued?" She pinched herself not believing at all.

Kulya's face filled with concern "princess don't hurt yourself. Let me explain. I know it's hard to believe the truth but yes, it's is true and it is the reality we are living. You have been rescued and it's all thanks to the Emperor and Empress of Samrat. If it were for them we wouldn't be in such a situation"

The young princess's face revealed a relief expression "I will thank them properly fro saving me from such nightmare. I thought I almost lost everything but...." Her voice chocked and then she cried out. Kulya just watched her vent all her emotions.

He sighed internally. What he can do anyway? Such a young lady faced a cruel part of world while she used to live under pampering of royalty. So he let her go all the feeling she had tugged in herself.

After sometimes she stopped then looked at Kulya "uncle are you fine?"

Kulya smiled "I am fine princess. It's just my injury is little severe this time, so I have to rest myself on this chair for time being"

The princess nodded "where are we?"

"We are in Varishtha Temple, I reached here after escaping from the war. We were defeated greatly amd I did not have any choice but to flee" Kulya clenched his tight fist. This is the first time he had to do such disgraceful thing of running away instead of facing the enemy and dying. But the situation was not good or there was no  other option left. He was pulled in such circumstance that where dying is not a option for him and he had to choose the oposit thing which is to flee like a coward. But since he managed to survive then there will be a day when he can take revenge.

"Uncle it's not your fault, please don't blame it on yourself"

Kulya shook his head "we will talk about this matter later. But for now you have to get well"

Princess nodded and laid on bed again closing her eyes.

In the praying hall, Nandini walked in with Ageratina. She saw Chityakanta was lighting incense before Buddha. When Chityakanta heard light sounds of footsteps she looked up.

"Mother is really early here" Nandini smiled.

"I couldn't sleep last night so thought praying and lightning incense will relieve my anxiety so I came early" Chityakanta replied.

Nandini frowned "is there something wrong mother?" She squatted and helped to lightning the incense and during the process she intentionally brushed her fingers over Chityakanta's wrist.

"I heard Manik's secret guard rescued a young woman last night. The news came suddenly and was not explained. I first thought to meet him to clear it but then he is nowhere to be seen"

"It's a political matter mother" Nandini replied "you can rest assured, let his majesty handle it himself. Besides it is needed to be done. The woman from last night is happened to be the young princess of Mihap. She faced a situation which is quite pitiful. So hearing the request from the general of Mihap who was seeking help, his majesty can't hold back but stepped forward to help. As a ruler it is his first responsibility too"

Nandini explained the matter removing all the major point happened already. From this point of view, the situation is rather light, seeming some people seeking help from his majesty just as casual matter.

Chityakanta believed and nodded her head. Her heart felt light like a huge burden has just lifted away from it.

"In that case, it's better I don't interfere"

Nandini smiled "if mother feels pity, I will take you to meet the young girl after sometime. She might feel happy to see you, afterall she is still a little girl"

"We will do that" Chityakanta nodded again then focused on praying to the god.

Nandini sighed and gazed at the calm water of pond on the side. Some flowers are growing in it. The atmosphere is rather peaceful. She picked up some incense sticks before started praying too. But because of her focus on praying she didn't noticed two figures watching them from the other side of the pond.

Note:-

😂 Irritated with clif-hanger?

Oh my I am Sorry but what can I do? I feel like little suspense will exite next chapter. Besides let me give a hint- something big coming up. Let me tag some words to make you guy little curious 😈

#Interfere #newcharacters #loveaffair #jealousy #anger #forced

Guess....guess....can you get something?