Chapter 40 - Surprise For Little Princess

The sky was cloudy next morning and the ground become wet and slippery because of the whole night heavy pour. The grasses glittered with the droplets and people inside the temple engaged themselves in their daily routine. In the courtyard Chityakanta gazing towards the sky and sighed. Her maid served her the hot tea. Because of the cloudy atmosphere the weather turned cool and the rain didn't stopped the whole night it added the atmosphere to be colder than usual.

"I still can't believe Lakshya and Sumeska suddenly disappeared from the temple. Lakshya was injured, how come she took her like that?"

Nandini looked at her mother in law. Only if she could tell the truth. The people she is worrying about almost planned to climb the ladder to get power and position. Comparing to Chityakanta, Sumeska is a black hearted schemer. To get power she would do anything. That kind of person, if she let them go then no matter how long it would take but they will back to hunt and revenge. She held the te cup and sipped in it.

"Aunt Sumeska is Lakshya's mother and also the head wife of merchant family. She knows what's good for her daughter. And since the temple seniors told her that Lakshya couldn't recover and probably survive a week, I think it made her heart hurt and wanted to find the solution. In hurry she might left and forgot to inform mother" Nandini said slowly.

Chityakanta nodded finding the reason acceptable "sigh, that child is quite talented and skilled. It's a waste of such talent to die so early. She didn't even get the chance to live fully"

Nandini showed concern expression and nodded "mother is right, such a good lady to die early without experiencing life is unfair. She need to live and survive to see how wonderful life can be"

"You are flattering my dear" Chityakanta smiled "you never opposed my words. Did you always find it reasonable enough?"

"You are my mother, of course your words stands higher than anyone. I never get the chance to feel the love of my mother back in maiden life but it's getting fulfilled once I married. So I won't leave any chance to feel and live it. And also mother is kind to me and I can't express how grateful I am for that" Nandini smiled.

The royal life is hard. Because even though you have mother in law but she couldn't be a normal life other ordinary families. Because the royals hold much position and powers in their hand. The status of in law has high position and can't be offended. So it's hard to get the warm feeling from your in laws if you married in royalty. For Nandini it's kind of different. Chityakanta holds great power in her hand. She is not only the former queen but now her position is higher than queen and since her son ascended the throne, she became empress dowager but still she never showed off her status and position yet she treated Nandini like normal and common woman.

"My child, you are generous. You take care of everything I could ask for. Besides my late husband has chosen you to be the daughter in law of Samrat and I never doubted his selection. Besides that's not only the point. You have such a charm that no one can help themselves but admire you" Chityakanta patted her hand lovingly.

"Mother you are so kind. I must have done something good in my last life to be able to get such a loving family with wonderful people" Nandini couldn't deny the fact. So whatever she said is true. Whatever she couldn't obtain in general mansion she can get it here in her husband's home.

They chatted for a while clearly enjoying the moment of mother and daughter in law.

In the afternoon after having meal, Nandini visited Soumiya who is still resting and in process of complete healing from mind and body. Soumiya was sitting on chair gazing outside the window. It has been more than a month she is away from home. She missed her mother a lot. Her mother used to make her favourite foods to make her happy. But all of a sudden a cruel beast came snatching everything from her. She couldn't help but feel hatred in her heart. It's like something burning and she couldn't find any solution how to stop it.