Chapter 12 - Vaibhav's Present

On the day of birthday feast, in Rose Palace Nandini was sitting before the mirror while her two maids helping her to get ready. Atropa picked the green emerald necklace and placed it on Nandini's neck.

"This necklace is so pretty. I admire his majesty's selection. He really do have great sense in choosing" she commented. Nandini looked at the gems which was sparkling brightly.

Ageratina frowned "what are you saying?since his majesty agreed to this marriage engagement with my lady, he already proved his sense of choice"

Atropa nodded "indeed, my lady is one of a kind in this world. There's will never be an alternative of her"

"And see how his majesty is treating our lady" Ageratina smiled "his majesty now visiting here 3 times a day and even gifted our lady this beautiful emerald set to wear in the feast"

Nandini eyed both of them through the mirror then said "you two are too noisy. Where did you learnt to gossip behind someone's back?"

Atropa covered her mouth then giggled while Ageratina pouted "my lady, we are not criticising but praising his majesty's efforts"

Nandini raised her eyebrows "you two learnt so many things since you followed me in this palace. Keep your mind clear and free from unwanted things which will become trouble if you are not aware of it"

Ageratina and Atropa looked at eachother before saying "yes my lady"

Nandini get up "is everything ready?"

"Everything is done according to your instruction my lady, second prince is also waiting for you as you asked him" Atropa replied.

"What about the Lili Palace side?" Nandini enquired again before moving forward.

"Things are silent for now, no movement has been seen at all. It's like everything is appearing calm" this time Ageratina said following her.

Nandini smirked "don't worry, all the calm exterior is going to explode after the feast"

The three moved towards hall and saw second prince Vaibhav sitting on wheelchair with two guard behind him. When he saw them coming, his face immediately lit up.

"Greeting to the Empress" he said when Nandini walked closer and two other man bowed behind him.

"I apologize for making you wait" Nandini smiled politely and waved her hand towards the soldiers. They bowed before retreating back. She walked behind and pushed the wheelchair forward.

"Are you happy about today's present?" She asked.

Vaibhav couldn't help but grin widely. He can't even express his gratitude towards her in words. People used to say miracles happens but he never believed in it. But now he witnessed it with his own eyes and couldn't deny the fact.

"I am rather exited" his reply made Nandini smile. When they reached in the hall, all the invited audience are already present. Empress Dowager was sitting on top with a little smile on her face. When she saw them she smiled widely and nodded.

"Empress has arrived and Second Prince followed" the hall keeper announced loudly. All the people looked at the the entrence all. All bowed showing respect. Once they reached Nandini stood on left side beside the empty chair and Vaibhav pushed his chair on side of Empress Dowager.

"Emperor has arrived" the hall keeper announced again and everyone bowed to respect the emperor. Manik stride inside with few official members following him. He walk towards Nandini and she bowed a little.

Manik extended his hand "let's wish mother"

Nandini smiled and accepted his offer. They both walk forward and bowed to Chityakanta "We wish mother to live long with happiness and peace"