Chapter 10 - His Majesty Is Here

The next day...

Nandini was lying on couch supporting her head on her palm while Ageratina fanning her from behind. It was a summer month, though Samrat Palace located in the center of mountains it's still quite hot but cooler than other countries. There was sudden commotion from outside. Ageratina frowned and raised her head only to find Princess Kashmin striding inside the inner room while Atropa followed with a fowl expression.

"Empress Nandini, how could you even say something like that to my mother before Empress Dowager?are you out of your mind?" Kashmin yelled stopping in middle and glaring at Nandini's half sleeping posture.

Atropa walked forward and sit on ground before picking up the bunch of grapes and plucking it from its stems. While Nandini did not even opened her eyes let alone responding. Kashmin stood there glaring.

"I am talking to you. Are you deaf or deliberately not answering me?" She yelled again.

"Princess Kashmin, you should know your place here. How dare you raise your voice before my lady?" Ageratina said coldly.

Kashmin's eyes widened "you" she pointed her finger to Ageratina "you are just a lowly maid serving this palace and you dare to talk to me this way? How dare you?"

"I don't serve this palace Princess Kashmin" Ageratina replied calmly then narrowed her eyes "I only serve my lady"

Kashmin couldn't believe. How come a lowly maid talk back like this and her master did not even bother to interrupt? She turned her attention towards Nandini who was still lying with her eyes closed. She gritted her teeth. She is a princess and no one ever ignored her like this. Not even His Majesty treat her this bad even though he don't interfere in inner palace.

"Nandini, this royal Princess is talking to you and you let your lowly servent humiliate me like this. How could you?"

Nandini opened her eyes and looked at her lazily "oh, Princess Kashmin don't you think your title is too low for me to feel honoured to entertain you here?"

"I am here to get answer. You should give me what I want" Kashmin replied crossing her arms.

Nandini raised her eyebrows "and I am bound to answer you?" She moved in sitting position "a royal Princess as you refered yourself, how come you lack so much etiquette before your supirior. Does her highness Kumeka forgot to teach you?"

Kashmin frowned "what are you talking?"

"Oh, looks like I need to it personally since her highness was not able to teach you with proper guidance" Nandini nodded.

"You are talking all nonsense. I am well educated, and also known as proper Princess" Kashmin's hear swelled with pride.

"Really?" Nandini paused "who gave you that title?"

Kashmin almost slipped. What the hell is she talking about?

Nandini sighed "since you regarded yourself with 'proper' term, do you know what mistake you committed today?"

"I did not do any mistake. I am here to get my answers from you" Kashmin gritted her teeth.

"How bold you are!" Ageratina yelled "you talk back with such disrespect to the Empress"

"How dar-"

"Princess Kashmin, as a princess you should know how a real proper Princess  behaves" Nandini's voice cut her in the middle. Kashmin looked at her and  suddenly the air inside the room turned cold and dark.

Nandini stood up and stepped forward "barging inside my inner room uninvited and disturbing my peace is your first mistake. Then shouting at me without greeting in proper way which truly offended my title is your second mistake. And trying to threaten me using your title is a showing disrespect to me which is your third mistake" Nandini said as she looked at Kashmin coldly.