Chapter 110 - The Heart Breaking Decision

Manik walked inside only to find his wife lying on bed with eyes closed tightly. The expression she held was something he never wanted to see in his life. They both know how much the unborn child matters to them and since the evildoers wanted to harm the light of their lives how could they stay still and do nothing? He slowly strode towards the bed and sat down before taking Nandini's hand in his.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

Nandini opened her eyes and looked at him. Her eyes were wet with tears as she gazed at him.

"Your majesty, why are they harming our innocent child who knows nothing?"

Manik's gaze became sharp at the question. How could he answer that? For the fact that he never thought someone would even do such a cruel thing.

"They don't have the heart to bear any kind of emotions, no respect, no humanity, no kindness nor love" he uttered softly.

Nandini closed his eyes in pain. Manik didn't know how to console her as he was also breaking from inside. It couldn't be hidden that if something has to happen to their child then they don't know what will happen. Her body was already affected unfortunately in the future.... Manik felt his heart breaking and he couldn't control his eyes from getting wet. He will love her the way he always does whether there's any heir or not but the problem is he was not an ordinary man, he was the emperor and if the empress could not give the heir, the outside world would mock until one's heart would bleed. He couldn't tolerate anyone raising their fingers and poking at Nandini's weak point. He couldn't allow that to happen no matter what. Nandini held his hand tight. Manik looked at her.

"Your majesty, my body is ruined for another child" a year escaped from her eyes. She squeezed her eyes then opened as she looked at him. "Will you accuse me if I can't bear any child for you in future?"

Manik looked at her then smiled "we are soulmates,can a child change this truth?" Instead of answering he asked another question.

When Nandini heard it she smiled weakly at him. She knows that there won't be any change between them. They will stay like this forever without any children too. But can the outside world understand it? Can an emperor live without any heir? Does Manik have to live without knowing the love of his own child? As an empress and a wife how could she let him go through such pain when they are innocent and had become the victim of evildoers scheme. Nandini gritted her teeth until it hurt. She never thought she had to choose such a decision but the current situation forced her to do it.

"Your majesty, I am sorry I couldn't give you a big family to bloom" she closed her eyes and cried silently.

Manik leaned down and kissed her eyes "it's not our fault" he whispered.

"Your majesty..." Nandini took a deep breath "the medicine master poison gave couldn't save the child"

Manik's heart shattered. He knows this truth but he is still keeping his hope, maybe a miracle will happen. But after listening to what she said he only felt pain deeply. It's like thousands of knives piercing his heart.

"I know," he whispered.

Nandini looked at his expression. She knows what he is feeling right now. She heaved a sigh before speaking again..

"Your majesty, I can save our child"

Manik who was mourning suddenly looked at her with shocked "you what?"

Nandini smiled at him "our child can live and come into this world, get married and grow old and have children"

"You really have a way?" Manik couldn't believe it.