Chapter 38 - Bathing Together?

Two days later another news spread in temple that shocked everyone. Sumeska and Lakshya suddenly disappeared from the temple and no one knew where they left. Even master monk was not informed about this but he seemed not to care about such matter and even declared to all the people in temple not to pay heed in the news and continue to do their works.

In other side, Ageratina walked inside the room and stood behind Nandini "my lady there place has been settled"

Nandini nodded "good, let Egy pay attention to them"

"Yes" Ageratina nodded.

"My lady, why didn't you told anyone about this matter? I am just curious that what they did was something a big crime. Offending the royalty even doing such illigal things are clearly rebelling and not putting the royal palace in the eyes" Atropa said from the side. She watered the flower in regular basis.

"What's the point of that? In most case mother will hate her long known playmate and will get sad thinking about it. She will even doubt in future before interacting with other people. And for his majesty he would place them is dungeon then decree them to behead. But what important is, doing this will that pair of people realise what they did? Though Lakshya was manipulated by her mother but still she is an intelligent woman but it's pity she couldn't define the good and bad by herself. For a people like them, death is the simplest punishment. I would rather leave them hanging between life and death than giving a direct decree" Nandini said as she moved forward and sit on the couch.

"Besides, for a proud girl to live depending on medicine and knowing that she will die anytime. This kind of fear is enough to be the best punishment for her. And as for the mother, for a woman the most important part of her life is her children. And if she have to live a life where she will never be able to hear her children call her mother even though she has one , then isn't it better to die than live?the most treasured dignity being robbed from her because of her own conduct is the greatest punishment. Living with regrets is more painful than dying tragically" she explained.

From the start of bringing Red Pearl, both maids know the life of other party won't be good. Their lives become a fatal destruction because of their own sins.

"My lady, will marchent family do anything?" Ageratina asked.

"What will they do?" Nandini leaned on the pillows "that family doesn't care about them. If my guess is not wrong that bastard of a man in charge of family must be wishing for them to die already. He won't care whether they live or die. Besides he don't know what happened here. If he knew, he would kill them by himself for plotting against royalty"

"Her highness looked sad. She was worried about young lady's health" Ageratina reminded.

"Mother has kind heart but other party did not appreciated it and took advantage of it. Let her be. After sometimes she will get better"

In the evening, unexpectedly it rained. It was the first  rain that happened after Nandini got married. She stood by the window watching the drops falling wetting everything. The flower plants decorated on window side become wet and flower petals dripping the drops of water on the wooden window frame.

"This is my first rain" Nandini mumbled as she stretched out and let the rain pour on her palm. Ageratina and Atropa smiled as they looked at her. The sky become already dark covering the scenario of outside.

"My lady I have prepared for the dinner. Would you like to have now?" Atropa asked.

"Where is his majesty?" Nandini asked as she withdraw her hand and turned around.

"I have not seen him from morning time. May be his majesty is busy with something" Atropa replied.

Nandini frowned. She gazed outside again. His majesty always stays in temple and there's not seems to be any urgent matter which would need his attention during such heave pour. Where is he? It's almost dinner time.