Special Chapter 6 - Digvijay's Claim

"Hmmm....?" Nandini tilted her head looking at her son. "Have you found someone?"

Digvijay was tongue tied. He don't know what to reply. He cleared his throat and tried voice out his words. Yet suddenly he stopped.

"What happened? Why are you so silent?" Nandini asked impatiently, "aren't you here to talk to me about your choice of bride?"

"Mother that...."

"Okay leave that matter. Tell me did you met Princess Ayanshi of Birjapur?"

Digvijay frowned, "Princess Ayanshi? Yes, I met her"

Nandini smiled, "good, I think Princess Ayanshi is a good choice for the title of crown princess. She is beautiful, talented and also has good reputation. Her noble identity fills all the requirements of the crown princess. I was thinking to let her meet you but since you have already met her then what do you think  about her?"

"What?" Digvijay jumped in shock. "Mother what are you saying?"

"You are already an adult Digvijay. Why are you behaving like you are still a child?" Nandini asked. "I have told you to find a princess of your choice but you couldn't. Now that I have found the suitable one, you are still complaining?"

"No, mother I am not complaining at all. I want to say that—" Digvijay paused. He felt he couldn't speak anymore. He don't understand why it's so hard to tell his mother about Ananya. He sighed.

"See, you are trying to make excuses but let me tell you young man it's not going to work on me. Besides Princess Ayanshi is also a good choice. I don't think there's something you won't like about her. She is a sweet girl and will definitely perform all her duty as crown princess. What do you need more?" Nandini asked as a matter of fact.

"Mother please, of course I met Princess Ayanshi but it's not like I want to marry her. I don't like her" Digvijay protested.

"What a shame! Such a beautiful princess" Nandini sighed and eyes her son. "Since you don't like her then what about Princess Pritisha?"

Digvijay felt irritated. He just couldn't voice out his original intention yet had to hear his mother's annoying words. "I shall return now. I just remembered I have something important to do" saying this he turned around and left.

Just as he left Manik walked in. He frowned towards his son's attitude before looking towards his wife, "what happened? Digvijay looked annoyed"

Nandini smiled, "to be honest your majesty, your son did took your strength and capabilities yet he couldn't took the courage you have"

Manik was more confused by her words, "what do you mean?" He walked towards her and sat beside her.

Nandini focused her eyes on her husband, "well, he couldn't even find the voice to tell me which princess he likes. His courage was stuck at the end"

Manik suddenly laughed, "really? So you played with him?"

Nandini made a face, "I was bored. But teasing him was really entertaining. You should have seen his expression it was hilarious when I told him that I have chosen a bride for him" she smiled at the end. She couldn't forget her son's expression.

Manik raised his hand and pinched her cheek, "why are you still so vicious? You are even tricking your own son?"

"I couldn't let go of my attitude your majesty, I am just born with it" Nandini smiled.

"Ah, maybe that's why you are rulling my heart" he said leaning towards her, "and will always be"

Nandini smiled at him, "your majesty you are still so romantic"