Chapter 39 - To Make Forever

The temperature inside the room started to rise not adding the warmness of the hot bath while two bodies was pressed not even letting the thin air to pass through. The whole is silent only the breathings of two people could be heard. Nandini closed her eyes before inhaling sharply.

Don't give in, don't give in...

She chanted it in her mind again and again. Once she able to collect herself she opened her mouth.

"Your majesty...I have to get out"

But the words did not even entered the ear of other person as he gripped even tightly "Don't move. It's more comfortable"

Nandini's heart raise. The situation is not suitable for normal person to stand firmly. Not adding the fact the position of them is even working like adding oil in fire.

"Your majesty you need to dip more into the water. Your fever is quite high so if you let me go only then I can take care of you" Nandini tried to reason out. If you hold me like this, how could a sane person work on your injury then wondering different thoughts.

She wanted to add but she couldn't. How come she fell in such position where she can't deal with it. This has never happened before. Though they are a couple but their interactions were all formal and casual. There was not much intimacy except recently. She was wishing to get over this situation fast but the person behind her did not planed that way as he ignored her plea and continued to hold her.

How long they were in intimate position they didn't know but somehow their body started to feel sour.

"Your majesty you need to rest, let me go now" Nandini said after sometime. She felt her body going numb and the water started to cool down. But it was good that the herbal effects has been socked properly. This time Manik did not resist and certainly let go of her. Nandini took the chance and moved out of the tub while Manik leaned back with eyes closed.

When Ageratina and Atropa saw Nandini coming out they were about to say something but stopped when they saw her wet cloth which sticked on her skin. Her hair was dripping water droplets and messed.

"My lady you.."

"Don't ask" Nandini interrupted before they could finish. "bring some new cloths and also arrange his majesty's night cloth. Seeing his situation it's better if he sleeps in my room today"

Atropa and Ageratina nodded before leaving. After sometime Nandini changed her cloths but casually wore think night dress. The rain was still heavy and the falling sound in the roof top could he hear. On nce she is done she again walked inside the bathroom. She saw Manik slowly moving out of the tub.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she walked closer.

Manik looked at her and nodded "quite fine. But I am still having headache"

Nandini hand him over dry cloths "you have got fever so it's normal to have headache. It's good that after soaking the cold has already removed. Your majesty change here and I will prepare something for eating. It's not good to stay empty stomach"

Manik nodded slight. Nandini smiled before walking out of the room.

"Is everything ready?" She asked once she is outside.

"Everything is ready my lady" Ageratina replied while Atropa was preparing meal.

"The rain is still heavy. I think it won't stop till morning" Nandini mumbled to herself looking out of the window.

"Are you okay?" She heard someone asked from behind. She turned around and found Manik standing there in new changed cloths.

"I am fine, let's have meal first before you get some medicine"

"Yeah" Manik nodded before they walk towards dining seat.

"Here, have this soup first. It's good in cold and  your fever will completely subsidy" Nandini pushed a bowl of soup towards him.

"What's this?" He looked at the bowl before asking.

"It's ginger soup. I asked Atropa to brew for you. Now, drink this first before having meal"

Manik didn't said anything but drank the soup silently. After that Nandini made him eat warm porridge  saying his body couldn't withstand heavy meal so he need to have mild one to give his body light feeling.

"Your Majesty is quite careless this time. But it was also unexpected for the weather to change suddenly. Since we are on top mountain then the effects of coldness will be much stronger than down there. So next time your majesty need to take care of this matter"

"You are capable in beating my mother in lecturing" was all Manik replied.

On the side Ageratina and Atropa snickered slightly. Nandini frowned at him before throwing a glare at them.

"Your majesty, your health is the most priority. You are the emperor how could you make fun of it" she sighed "besides I am worried about you"

A smile flashed on Manik's lips "really?" He suddenly leaned from the other side of the table "are you?"

His sudden act caught her off-guard. She looked at him straight in his eyes. Seeing them like this the two people on the side quietly withdraw from the room leaving couple in great space of their own.

"Tell me, are you worried from your heart?" He asked again.

Nandini collected herself before nodding "of course. Why would not I? Afterall I am your wife. It's my responsibility to look after you"

"You doing that because of responsibility or because you wanted it by yourself?" He asked.

Nandini frowned. What he is trying to say? He is her husband. So of course she will be willingly take care of him.

"What if I say both?" She asked "can't a wife do his duty willingly for her husband?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to assured. I don't want pressure on my wife to do something she doesn't want" he said and moved back.

Nandini sighed "your majesty, the knot of marriage already tied us together. You are my husband and of course I will do anything willingly if it involves you"

Manik looked at her and there was a warmness in his eyes. He couldn't help but smile "you want to devote in this relationship?"

"Your majesty, when I married I already decided to devote myself in this relationship. In a marriage of we can't devote ourselves then how will we find our trust, respect and loyalty and make it forever?"

Manik did not replied but suddenly stand up and offered his hand to her. Nandini glanced at his streched hand before accepting it. He pulled her up and look at her.

"You want to devote?" He asked but his tone lowered and become little husky this time.

"Your majesty even I want to but it won't be complete. I remember what you sai-"

"Forget what I said. I only want to devote myself to my wife"

Nandini's eyes widened "your majesty you-"

Before she could finish her lips are sealed with his. The savouring taste of hunger filled their mouth as they forgot about other things and leaned to each other completely. It not just a kiss but like a promise to make forever.

Note:-

So touchy 😚

Today is a big day, hope you guys will enjoy the chapter.

🙏HAPPY JANMASHTAMI🙏

Anyone fasting today? (Like me 🤗)