Chapter 20 - His Majesty's Confession

Master monk's gaze slides between the two people before finally fixing his gaze on Manik. Not wasting any time he called out again "your majesty?"

Manik's trance broke with the sound and he turned his head to look at master monk who was looking at him with a smile. He shook his head then nodded.

"I appreciate master's efforts of thinking about me. I gradually accept your gift"

Master monk was satisfied "then rest assured, I also want to ask your majesty something else" he said then gestured Aiyara to place the tray on nearby table.

"What is it?" Manik frowned.

Master monk smiled "two days later we will be holding medical exam for the disciples to see how much their knowledge has extended so I request your majesty to be present with empress and her highness empress mother to join the event"

"It's a joyous event and I would like to take the offer but I am not knowledgeable about medical term so understanding about the even will be little low" Manik smiled. Master monk laughed.

"Your Majesty you don't have to worry. There are many mastars who will judge the event. I just want your Majesty to enjoy the even while staying here"

"Of course, in that case I will naturally join the event" Manik nodded.

"I am grateful your majesty" master monk smiled then gazed on table "this drink will keep your majesty's body warm. At night time the whether gets chilly and who is not get used to the weather will have effects on body"

"Then I will thank master monk for taking care of me" Manik responded.

"I won't disturbing your majesty more. I will visit tomorrow again. Your majesty have a good rest"

Manik nodded and gradually his eyes fall ahain on the woman following behind master monk. His eyebrows tightly knitted as he looked at the disappearing figure.

Outside the room master monk stopped on his track and look back at Aiyara "keep your distance from his majesty. Do not let him figure out anything. You are smart one so I don't need to remind you again" his tone was sharp clearly showing the domineering attitude.

Aiyara nodded "yes, master I understand. You don't have to worry about it"

Master monk nodded "godd, now let's go pick the tray I prepared and let's go meet the empress"

"We are going now?" Aiyara frowned.

"Yes, now" then he walked forward and Aiyara followed his steps. On the way Aiyara picked another tray and made her way towards Nandini's room. When they stopped on door they saw a maid doing something near the door. When they closer they found her lightning several incense sticks and pulled it together before placing in on small stand. The corner of the entrence door has 5-6 incense stands organized in row on each side. Sensing others presence Atropa looked up.

"Oh, my apology, I did not paid attention" Atropa apologized instantly.

Master monk waved his hand then smiled "what are you doing on the door?"

"I was completing my lady's instructions"

"Lightning incense?" Master monk frowned.

Atropa nodded "yes, my lady instructed to light  this incense up and place it on each side of door and windows"

"Why?" Mastar monk asked curiously.

"It will keep the room warm and prevent the cold wind to effect inside the room. My lady does not like cold much so prepared all this" Atropa replied truthfully.