Chapter 53 - Two sided Refusal

Next morning another thing happened. A guest arrived at Nandini's door. When Nandini first saw her, she was surprised but invited the person inside her courtyard. They are sitting on the yard where a small table is placed. Tea and snacks are served on the table but it remained untouched by the two person sitting facing eachother. One look elegant with a touch of young face and other look calm and serene.

Nandini poured tea and pushed the cup towards the person before her. She smiled calmly and gestured the person again to have tea.

"Princess Rashmi have some tea first. I hope you will like the taste"

Rashmi looked at the tea then slowly picked the cup and take a sip "it's good your highness"

"So ..why are you here?" Nandini asked leaning against the chair.

Rashmi was startled hearing the straightforward word from Nandini. She placed the cup on plate before sighing.

"Your highness, I believe you also know about the marriage proposal" she started looking nervous. She has seen the empress at banquet and get to know about her temperament. So she felt nervous all of a sudden. Thr woman before her is not an easy going person that could be fooled or tricked.

"So, princess is unwilling to accept it?" Nandini asked again with a knowing smile.

Rashmi looked at her with shock. She never thought the empress will ask her this directly. She has thoughts many words to use to bring up this matter and talk to her but now it's like whatever preparation she took all went in vain. But since things has reached upto here then what's the point of looking back?

Thinking about this she revealed a smile and nodded slowly "I heard your highness is close to the second prince so I believe I should meet your highness to clear everything"

Nandini looked at her for sometime. She observed the princess of Virat who looks beautiful in her pink dress, she has long black hair with a beautiful face that can make man on his knees. She thought at first that only Vaibhav has problem in this matter but looking at this now, it looks like the problem is from both sides.

"Princess Rashmi feel free to talk with your heart. Your secrets are safe with me" she nodded.

"Your highness can you please help me break this marriage?" Rashmi said suddenly.

Nandini frowned "you want to break this marriage? Why? Without any proper reason how could things be changed suddenly?"

Rashmi lowered her head. She can't give up. It's about her life. She knows her mother will never listen to her and ignore it like nothing but she couldn't let it go. Her whole life depends on it. She looked up and made her mind.

"Your highness I don't want to marry second prince"

Nandini calmly picked her tea cup and tasted it slowly "why? Is not he handsome and skilled. From a normal point I can't see anything amiss in this marriage"

Rashmi shook her head "please don't take me wrong your highness. I never meant to criticize second prince. It's just I already have another man in my heart and we love eachother so much. Second prince is a high royal person and for a girl like me who already given heart to someone is not suitable for him"

This was not that much unexpected for Nandini. Because Vaibhav has his own plan on this matter so if Rashmi confess something like this too- it's not a strange at all.

"Then you should tell this to your parents. Why are you here?" Nandini asked raising her eyebrows.

"I really wanted to but I know it will lead to a big matter later. The person I love does not stand with my status and my parents had royal mind all the time. They definitely couldn't bear this and will make a huge fuss over it" Rashmi replied.