Chapter 4 - The Poisoned Prince

After an hour waiting the emperor rushed inside the Earth Palace. When he heard the second prince requested for his presence that time he was in the court. He left the court after half attendance then directly walked towards the way of  Earth Palace. As he stepped inside the other present inside the room looked at him before greeting respectfully.

He looked at the person sitting on bed "what's the matter?" Then turned his head towards the medic "what happened?"

"Brother" Vaibhav called out "there was something new that needed to be discuss"

Manik frowned at first then his gaze fell on the quilt which was covering Vaibhav's legs. Then realisation hit him. For all these years he was trying to find a way how to cure Vaibhav's legs but always disappointed with the result.

He couldn't help but ask "is it true?"

Vaibhav nodded before gesturing the medic. The medic nodded "your majesty, it is true that his highness second prince's legs are not easy to cure but still I can hope for it. Far in the Kushuka mountain, I heard that  the Varishtha Temple  prectice for ancient medical treatment. The principal monk is the one teaching them many treatment techniques. I also heard that the monk Kushmanka have three main disciples who are expert in treatment"

Manik nodded. Even he also heard about it. But it was  like just rumours flying from one mouth to another. So he did not paid much attention towards it. Now that the medic described again he become little curious too.

"You said they have three disciples?"

"Yes your majesty" the medic nodded with agreement "all of them are expert in treatment"

"Among them who do you think is able to cure his legs?" Manik asked.

The medic thought for a while " first disciple Achiva is skilled in herb, for second disciple Aiyara is  skilled medical treatment and for the third one Arak is skilled in poison. All of them are best of themselves but for the treatment of his highness..." The medic paused for a while deeply thinking "I think second disciple would be best"

"Then send people to call" Manik said instantly.

"Your majesty there's a problem" medic replied.

Manik frowned "what kind of problem?"

Before the medic could reply Kumeka said "what happened? What's the problem in calling the disciple here?"

"Your majesty, the second disciple is quite hard to understand, Aiyara rarely stays in temple. She wonder around to gain knowledge"

Hearing she Manik frowned. She? Isn't it second disciple a man? Why does he feeling a sudden tug inside his heart?

"So what? We are going to call for a treatment. Since  she learnt medicine then isn't it her duty to cure people when needed. If she can't do it then what's the fact of learning medicine?" Kumeka's voice ring inside the room before others can say anything. "Besides, if she really can cure second prince then this royal family won't let her live empty hand either"

Manik frowned at Kumeka before looking at the medic "if she is not available then what about other two?"

"Your Majesty, though other two is also skilled but whether they can treat his highness or not I can't say. It depends on them" the medic replied.

Manik nodded "since that's the case then send someone to go there. If Aiyara is not available then let's see what the other two have to say" then he walked out.

"I hope the disciples can cure second prince. They are the only hope of us" Kumeka said in choking tone.

Nandini frowned looking at her. She felt urge to suddenly roll her eyes. Really people can  act so smoothly. Shaking her head she left the room while Ageratina and Atropa followed her silently.