Chapter 90 - The Empress Is Expecting

The Rose Palace, which always stayed less crowded, today was full of people. Nandini was unconscious as she was gently placed on bed and Manik sat beside her holding her hands. An expression of anxiousness filled his face. Ageratina and Atropa were standing side by side with worried faces. Since they are following her, they never saw her being unconscious like this. And at this time they don't know what they will do if something happens to Nandini.

"Why the physician taking so much time?" Chityakanta asked with frown "guards go and look for him" she ordered.

Maya bit her lips as she looked at Nandini. Suhal was holding her hand and saw the expression on his wife's face.

"Nothing will happen. Don't stress yourself so much or it may have effects on our child inside you" he reminded gently.

Maya looked at her big belly before rubbing it. Everything was fine a few moments ago and now all the happy occasions have turned into serious one. There are not many guests left. Only a few elderly ladies who were about to leave at last stayed behind when they saw the empress suddenly fainted.

After a few minutes, the physician arrived. He was holding a box and wearing white clothes which was the physician's attire in the imperial hospital. He looked aged with a long beard. He Walked forward and bowed to Chityakanta.

"Empress Dowager, I am Muhib, the head physician in imperial hospital" he introduced himself.

"Head physician please look at my daughter-in-law. She was fine a few minutes ago but now she suddenly fainted" Chityakanta said with concern as she glanced at the unconscious figure lying on the bed.

Physician Muhib nodded and greeted Manik and Nandini. But Manik was not in the state to accept his greeting as his attention was focused on his wife. Muhib didn't say anything as he sat down on the stool before checking Empress's wrist. He first frowned slightly before thinking deeply then after a few minutes he let go of the wrist.

"Head physician what happened? What happened to the empress?" Manik asked as he saw Muhib done with his examination.

Muhib smiled "your majesty, there's nothing to worry about"

Manik frowned. He couldn't understand what Muhib meant by that smile. Nandini was already unconscious and he was smiling?

"Head physician?" Chityakanta forced her words seeing the changing expression of her son.

Muhib got up and bowed slightly "congratulations, your majesty, congratulations your highness Empress Dowager. Her highness the Empress is expecting little heir of Samrat"

When the words fell the whole room fell in deep silence. Those ladies who were standing behind were stunned. At the side Kumeka, who was hiding in the crowd, was startled. Just a few moments ago she raised the topic of heirs in the hall. She wanted to use this as an excuse to humiliate the empress but now with the physician's word this was like a tight slap on her face. Those few ladies glanced at her with a mocking expression. She clenched her fist then turned around and left Rose Palace.

"Li... little heir?" Manik stammered as he looked at Muhib with wide eyes. He couldn't believe what he heard. This was something, he never expected it in the first place.

"Yes your majesty, you are going to be a father soon. Her highness the Empress is two month pregnant with little heir" Muhib smiled as he replied.

"Sister in law is pregnant" suddenly Maya exclaimed with excitement.

At the side both Ageratina and Atropa were silly stunned. Pregnant? Really? A huge grin started to appear on their faces as they looked at eachother with teary eyes.

Chityakanta on the other hand wiped her tears. She was hurt when suddenly Kumeka raised the question of heir in the hall. She knew that there would be a little prince or princess but it may take time. And she was willing to wait for that. But after this sudden conclusion and hearing such good news she couldn't hold back her emotions.

"Congratulations your majesty" all the guests including those maids and guards bowed shouting loudly.

Manik held Nandini's hand who was still unconscious and didn't have any idea about this sudden turning point. He raised her hand and dropped a kiss on it before looking at Muhib.

"Head physician you have announced such great news today. As a reward you will receive the golden title of imperial physician and your expenses for the whole family will be taken care of by the imperial treasury for 2 years" Manik announced.

Muhib at first didn't expect that he would get such fortune. He stood there stunned then composed himself and quickly bowed.

"Thank you your majesty, thank you for your grace" then he left with excitement.

At the same time another person barged inside Rose Palace "what's happening? I heard my sister in law fainted suddenly?"

Everyone looked at Vaibhav who was panting. He looked liked just ran a long run.

"Second brother, do you know you are going to be an uncle again?" Maya said excitedly.

"I know why you are informing me again?" He frowned then stopped abruptly "wait did you say again?"

Maya nodded her head repeatedly. The smile on her face was not leaving at all.

"I am going to be an uncle again? That means" Vaibhav turned to look at Manik who just smiled back at him.

"Oh, my god this is amazing" Vaibhav laughed suddenly.

Atropa, who was wiping Nandini's face, rolled her eyes as she looked at him.

Chityakanta smiled "it's such great news. Samrat is really fortunate this time. After so many years this palace will become more lively again"

"Since we know this result we should leave and let sister in law rest" Maya suggested.

Chityakanta nodded in agreement. Other guests congratulated again before leaving the room. Ageratina offers to help Maya but she refuses, saying to stay beside Nandini. Once everyone left Atropa helped Nandini to remove the jewelry and changed her into comfortable clothes. After the two maids left Manik laid on bed and gazed at Nandini lovingly. He doesn't know how he became so lucky to have this woman as his wife. And today he was feeling like there's nothing he wanted to wish for, because he already got everything in his life.

It was late when Nandini woke up. She held her forehead and groaned lightly.

"You are awake?" Manik asked as he felt her move.

"What ...what happened?" She asked.

"Are you tired?"

Nandini nodded her head "I feel tired and headache"

"You need rest besides you in your tender time. So you need a great rest and free yourself from any tensions"

Nandini frowned. Tender time? What's that?

"Your majesty" she looked at him. Her face was full of confusion "what do you mean by tender time?"

Manik just smiled and took her hand before placing it over her stomach "can't you feel? Our love has bloomed and now living inside of you"

Nandini's eyes widened immediately and she looked down at her belly. Her hand was resting over her abdomen and Manik gave her a light squeeze. Is that true? Their child? Suddenly her eyes brimmed with tears. Manik was starting when he saw her being so emotional. This was the first time he saw her like this.

"It's....our..."

"Yes" Manik nodded and kissed her head "I can't express how happy I am. Thank you for giving me such a great gift of my life"

Nandini closed her eyes as she savoured the love and emotion at the same time. She has started her journey of this marriage from nothing to everything and she will never revert a thing that happened. Finally she could feel herself being complete.

With a smile she looked up "thank you"

Manik smiled "it was me who is lucky" then he claimed her lips with a sweet passionate kiss.