Chapter 70

HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY 200K??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

TWO CHAPTERS FOR 200K!!!

3rd Person POV

Sophie woke up one morning before Keefe. It was still dark outside, the moon not even being in the sky. The room was weirdly silent, no noise at all coming from through the house. Keefe was sprawled over the bed, limbs laid out as if he were a starfish. Sophie was left with a sliver of the bed, though his fingers did lay on her stomach all night as if he was protecting the baby. She slowly sat up in the bed, but felt striking pain hit her gut. She immediately winced, having to reach for Keefe's arm to make sure she didn't fall off the bed. 

"Soph?" Keefe mumbled, sleeping. Quickly, she removed her nails from his forearm, turning to her boyfriend in fear she had woken him up. "Sophie..." he muttered. A soft sigh slipped his parted lips and she smiled slightly. She slipped out from under the covers, but another strike of pain hit her gut. She bit her lip to stop a groan from escaping and she let out a slightly panicked breath. But, she stood up, her back arched slightly to make sure her gut was curled to hopefully stop the sharp cramps. Slowly, she let herself ease upwards to pull her soft pajama shirt on. Another spike of pain. She hissed. 

"Foster?" Keefe asked. Sophie quickly turned over her shoulder, ignoring the pang of pain which was sent up her uterus and gave a weak smile to her boyfriend. He was leaning on an elbow, rubbing his eyes with his other hand. He was shirtless now, but Sophie had noticed how he had grown frail in the past few days, not eating as much to make sure she was satisfied. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" he asked her, slipping the covers off. Sophie let out a moan of pain, stumbling towards him. Quickly Keefe wrapped his arms around her, making sure she didn't fall. 

"Cramps," she mumbled to him. He slowly pulled her up straight again. 

"You should lay down-"

"I don't want to lay down," she said to him, pushing away from the bed. It seemed like she had been laying down ever since she found out she was housing a child. She bit down on her lip at her boyfriends tired face. His eyes were sunken, his lips cracked and his skin paler than it had been before this entire child fiasco had started. 

"Soph, please," he said to her. "Your cramping-"

Suddenly, another wave of pain hit her body. She winced, crumbling back into Keefe's chest. 

"It hurts," she moaned to him. "It all hurts!"

"Alright, love, come here," Keefe told her. He wrapped his arms tightly around her, moving them towards the bed. "It's alright, darling, it's alright," he said, pulling her onto his lap. Sophie wrapped her legs around his waist, her arms doing the same around his neck. Keefe set his head on her shoulder, holding her tight to him. "It's alright," he whispered to her, softly stroking her golden locks. 

"I'm alright," she said to herself, but she sniffled. Another wave of pain she reached up, tugging  on Keefe's hair to stop a sound from slipping her lips. He wasn't fazed by the tug, only continued to whisper things into her ear. He softly kissed her temple, attempting to calm her down in her pain frenzy, but the cramps were worse than they normally were. 

"Breathe," Keefe whispered to her. "Breathing exercises, remember?" he asked her. She pulled away from him, squeezing her stomach muscles tight in attempt to fight off the pain. "Sophie," he said, reaching up to her scrunched face. She concentrated as hard she could stop block out any signs of pain. "Sophie, look at me," he said, reaching up to her eyelids. His thumb softly stroked each of them. "You need to breathe, that's what Elwin said-"