Chapter 24

Fitz's POV

I kissed Sophie on the forehead and walked out of the room, turning the lights off and closing the door behind me. I smiled to myself and walked back over to Biana's room. She was brushing her hair in the mirror.

"I can't believe Keefe would do that to Sophie. She's the perfect girl everyone wants. How could he get greedy?" I asked Biana, sitting at the foot of her bed. That's when my imparter rung and I picked it up to see Keefe's face. I growled and was about to scream at him for hurting Sophie when he started to sob.

"She's there isn't she," he cried, tears streaming down his cheeks. I opened my mouth to yell at him but no words came out.

"Yeah, and I'm glad she came," I growled. Keefe rubbed his eyes and started crying again. "You aren't aloud to come near her ever again," I told him. I could tell he had been crying a lot because his eyes were red and his face the same.

"Tell her I'm sorry," he cried. "I'm so sorry," he cried, hanging up. I sighed and looked back over to Biana who was now focused on me.

"You still like Sophie, don't you," she said, crossing her arms. I sighed again and trailed a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I do," I said. Then, I heard the door to the house open and barreling footsteps run past Biana's door. I could hear them run into Sophie's room. "Keefe," I growled. I ran out Biana's door and tried to open the guest bedroom, but it was locked. "Sophie!" I yelled.

Sophie POV

I was woken by my door being opened and slammed shut. "Fitz?" I asked, groggily. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, resting on my elbows. Then, I felt a body sit next to me on the bed, but couldn't see who is was because it was to dark.

"Sophie!" I heard a voice yell from outside the door.My eyes darted from the small slit of light from under the door and then to the figure sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry," the voice whispered. I gasped and pulled the blanket up to my chin. "Sophie I-"

"What do you want Keefe?" I asked harshly.

"I'm sorry," he said again. His body shifted as he laid down next to me. I scooted up against the wall. I watched as Keefe whimpered. "Sophie, I want you back. I was so greedy, I just couldn't control myself from your body." I blushed and scooted up against the back of the bed. I slowly reached my hand out and stroked Keefe's hair, softly. He seemed to flinched.

"Keefe," I whispered. He turned his body to face me. It hurt me to see his eyes so red and broken. "I forgive you," I whispered. His eyes lit up as he sat up and wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you thank you thank you Sophie, I won't mess up this time, I promise," he whispered into my shoulder. I sat on my knees and rubbed his back. He squeezed me so hard that I was afraid he wouldn't let go.

"Sophie? What is he doing to you?" A voice shouted. I sniffled.

"I'm fine Fitz. Keefe just apologized," I said. I thought I could hear some gritting come from outside the door.

"That's...great," he said, and I could hear him stomp away. Keefe pulled me down to the bed and snuggled next to me. Our legs tangled and I cold feel his little, broken boy come out.

"It's okay Keefe," I whispered into his ear. He slightly nodded and pulled me closer to me.

"Foster, my dad yelled at me today, blaming for what happened. I'm trying not to feel guilty, but it's really hard," he said. I shut my eyes and kept rubbing circles on his back. "It's so hard Sophie," he whimpered. I set my hand on the back of his head and pulled it farther over my shoulder.

"Are you scared?" I asked him. He rapidly nodded. "That's okay," I said. "I'll always be there for you Keefe." By this point, he had gone silent and I could hear his soft snores against my shoulder. "Goodnight my Keefe."