Chapter 71

TWO CHAPTERS FOR 200K!!!

(Also, I am aware elf pregnancy isn't supposed to be as painful as human, but childbirth can't be very nice even if they are supernatural beings)

3rd Person POV

Sophie woke up to her underwear being soaked. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion while her eyes were still closed, she slowly peeled her face from off her hand which she had been using for a pillow. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she realized it was actually light out this time. Not to her surprise, she could hear Edaline and Grady talking downstairs. SO, she stretched her arms, hearing her shoulder give a painful crack. The cramps had stopped after she went to sleep and seemed to have stayed away since them. 

"Morning, beautiful," Keefe said. Sophie's eyes shot over to the desk by her window to see a figure sitting in the chair in front of it. Her boyfriend looked over his shoulder at her with a smirk. His hair was sticking in all directions and Sophie wouldn't be surprised if there was a bird living somewhere in there.

Sophie slowly sat up in the bed, stretching her other arm and hearing another painful crack. Then, she got to her legs and immediately felt something run down her leg. Looking down in confusion, she watched as a clear liquid dropped down her calf. 

"Uh, Keefe?" Sophie muttered, pulling at her panties in confusion. They were soaked, the liquid had soaked through the other side. Keefe was looking at her with a smirk, not seeming to find it weird.

"You sure you don't wanna take me up on that offer, Foster?" he asked her with a smirk but turned back to his desk. Sophie narrowed her eyebrows, looking from her leg to Keefe for a moment. 

Perhaps she was overthinking this. 

So, she quickly snatched a new pair of underwater and cleaned herself up in the bathroom. SHe wiped herself clean and put the dry pair of underwater on, walking out to find Keefe already picking out her clothes for the day. He had picked something comfy, softly, silk pants which opened up at the bottom as well as a red tunic. It wouldn't fit all the way over her large stomach, but she was used to it at this point. 

"Your clothes for the day, madame," Keefe said, handing her some of the clothes. "Did you get yourself cleaned up?" he asked. Sophie gave him a small nod, not really wanting to talk about the embarrassing moment. She quickly got dressed and Keefe helped her down the stairs to get to the kitchen where Edaline and Grady were waiting. Sophie winced as she held her own body weight, sitting down at the table. Keefe sat beside her, already holding silverware. Grady set a plate of bready looking things in the middle of the table, sitting down besides Sophie. 

"How are feeling, Sophie?" Edaline asked, grabbing a few of the bread treats. The smallest pang of pain erupted in her stomach area. 

"Better, I had some cramps last night, but I'm fine now," Sophie said, reaching down to her stomach and slowly rubbing circles. 

"Well, that's good-"

And suddenly, Sophie's hearing and vision went in and out. She became dizzy in ehr chair and the pain in her stomach spiked. She quickly flinched at the feeling, reaching out to Grady and Keefe to steady herself even when sitting. 

"Woah," Sophie said, blinking her eyes. A tear dripped onto her empty plate. 

"You alright, Foster?" Keefe asked her, quickly reaching over to help her. BUt she felt something in her head, someone was trying to get into her head. 

"Woah," she muttered. "I mean-yeah... yeah I'm fine," she said when the feeling faded. "I'm fine."

"That the second time you've said that, are you sure?" Keefe asked. Sophie bit her lip, looking up at Edaline. 

"Am I okay?" she asked her mom. Edaline looked at her daughter for a moment. 

"Sophie," Edaline said, suddenly standing up. "Did you wake up with your underwear wet?" she asked. Sophie narrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"...yeah, I did," she said, looking at her mom. Edaline quickly, got up from her chair, rushing to her husband. 

"Call Elwin, tell him we are coming," Edaline told him frantically. Grady looked at his wife in confusion, but Edalien was already steering past him, taking Sophie gently by the arm. 

"Sophie, your water broke," Edaline told her. "Your going to have a baby."

Sophie's eyes widened. 

"Now?" she asked. Edaline didn't answer the obvious question, grabbing Keefe by the arm. 

"Leap her to Elwins, quickly, we need to get everyone," Edalines said. Sophie turned to her boyfriend in confusion and shock.

"Now?" she asked against as Keefe took her by the arm. He seemed to be just as dazed as she was. 

"Yes, Sophie, now," Keefe said. He twined his fingers with hers, walking over the crystal chandelier. 

"Foxfire Healing Center!" Keefe called but his voice was hoarse in confusion. Sophie felt herself falling for a second,but suddenly, sharp pain struck her. She winced, crying out. The light was to bright for her eyes and she squeezed, hoping to create some sort of difference. 

"Sophie, it's alright," Keefe said. Sophie felt tears streaming down her cheeks as her feet touched ground again.Keefe quickly caught her by the armpits and Sophie heard a door opening. 

"Sophie!" Elwin said. "Grady just-"

"I think it's coming," Keefe said to him, lying Sophie on a cott. "I think it's coming now."

Elwin shook his head, quickly snapping his fingers and sitting down in a spinning chair, wheeling towards Sophie's cott. He pushed a lense of his glasses down, snapping his fingers again and furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. 

"Sophie, when did your water break?" Elwin asked as Sophie winced again. Pain was shooting up from her gut with every small movement she gave. 

"I... ugh- woke up-" she said but cried out again.

"Her underwear was wet when she woke up," Keefe elaborated. Elwin gave a small nod, switching the color of the orbs.

"Sophie, elf pregnancies aren't normally painful, but you are experiences high jumps of pain for no reason," Elwin said, snapping his fingers once more to make the colorful orb disappear. "Your vitals are all normal." 

"I don't feel fine," Sophie gritted out through her teeth. Keefe kneeled down, holding Sophie's hand.

"What else could be the problem with her then? If it's not her?" Keefe asked. Elwin slowly blinked and his head raised in realization. 

"Keefe," Elwin said, not looking at him. "How have you been getting around the past few months?" Elwin asked him. Keefe furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Leaping, why?" he asked. 

"How did you get here?" Elwin asked, his eyes turning nervous. 

"We leapt-"

Suddenly, Elwin rolled back over to Sophie's side.

"Step away Keefe," the doctor said, snapping his fingers again. A smaller orb came up and he slipped his hands under Sophie's shirt and onto her stomach. He pressed a few fingers against her stomach, flinching his head to make a lense of his glasses fall in front of his eyes. 

Keefe stood up straight against, watching form over Elwins shoulder as the doctors fingers softly glowed against Sophie's stomach. He could see the slight silhouette of the baby inside of her womb.

"Sophie," Elwin said, his voice hoarse. He pulled his hands away from her, not bothering to get rid of the orb or flick the lense out of his eyes. "Sophie your baby is fading."