Chapter 61

You guys honestly make me laugh

3rd Person POV

Sophie felt a cramp coming right as Elwin spit the sentence out. She had to squeeze Keefe's hand to stop herself from feeling like she was about to throw up. Her stomach felt like butterflies were flying around, but her gut felt like it was getting eaten by a tiger. She bit her lip, squeezing her eyes closed. But Keefe's eyes were wide, but she could hear his silent prayers being sent into the air.

l
v

Why don't you come join me and your parents in Havenfield?" Elwin recommended, breaking the silence.

"Give it," they both said in unison. They had waited to long for this. Keefe snatched the paper from Elwins hands and begin to skim down the paper. Elwin slowly began backing away from the two before quickly retreating back to the house. Sophie watched in anticipation as the ice blue eyes continued to wander down the page of writing.

He must of found it because he sucked in a breath. Sophie watched as he slowly folded the paper. That had to be a good sign, right?

"I'm..." he whispered. "I'm going to be a dad," he said to her. Sophie's eyes widened. "I'm gonna be a dad, Sophie," he said again. He looked like he didn't even believe it himself. They both sat in comfortable silence, but Sophie had enough of the quiet. A wide smile made its way to her lips and she threw her arms around Keefe. He grinned as he wrapped his arms around her figure. They both began to tumble down the hill full of beautiful flowers, giggling at their childish behavior.

"Oh, Sophie," he laughed as they rolled down the hill of grass. The sun was high in the sky, a colorful blanket over the two as they slowly came to a stop. Their giggling continued as Keefe peppered kisses around Sophie's face.

"You'll never understand how happy I am," he told her. He planted a quickly peck on her lips and she giggled, pushing a hand at his shoulder. She rolled them over, her legs clamping to the sides of his hips as she began to place small kisses around his face. Keefe smiled, rolling them over again. They stayed in the yellow flowered valley for a while, just giggling at each other. Keefe told her sweet things, trying to explain to her how happy he was to have a child. Sophie agreed, and the pain in her had faded.

Edaline was right, once Keefe was happy about the child, his happiness would be like medicine to her pain.

But that was how love was for most of the time.

"Alright kiddos, dinners ready!" Grady called, walking down the hill to fetch the two. The sun had actually began to set for as long as they had been outside for. Sophie sat up, Keefe still straddling her. He helped his girlfriend up, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. It lingered for a bit, showing her he was never going to leave her.

The two of them began to prance there way toward Sophie's father, but before they could pass him, Grady snatched Keefe's left arm.

"Sencen," Grady said to him, his eyes narrowing. "Stay with me for a second."

Keefe swallowed, looking over to Sophie. Maybe he would have to leave her this once.

Or whenever Grady pulled him alone.

"I'll meet you up there," Keefe told her. She squeezed his hand and gave Grady a warning look. Then, she pulled away and ran up the hill. Keefe watched her open the door, peering out to them before walking inside, the door closing behind her. He was then whipped around by Grady. he was giving him a look, a look Keefe had never seen him give him.

"I have a few rules for you, boy," Grady told him, his eyes narrowing. Keefe nodded. Nothing could ruin his mood now.

"I want no divorce papers near my house, got it?" Grady asked. Keefe nodded, that was an easy one. Why would he ever want to get rid of Sophie? She was his dream girl and he loved her with all his heart.

"I never want an bruises or-" he begun, but Keefe quickly cut him off.

"Stop, that will not be happening, I swear on Alden's life," Keefe told him. He slightly struggled to find someone who meant a lot to him besides Sophie. Alden was the closest thing to a father he had. Cassius wasn't even a close second.

Grady nodded, continuing.

"And there is one more," he told him. Keefe nodded, listening.

"I want you two married before the child is born."

If Keefe had been drinking, it would have been all over Grady by now. Getting married in less than a year? It didn't sound possible to him. He didn't want to rush anything, he didn't want to have to be on a time schedule to get married. He didn't like the idea of Sophie being pregnant and having stress be put on her like that.

"No way," Keefe said. Grady narrowed his eyes. But Keefe wasn't afraid anymore.This was for Sophie's sake. And if he was going to get a beating for Sophie, so be it. "That isn't healthy for Sophie or the baby," Keefe told the man. Grady glared at him.

"It isn't healthy for someone to be married and have a child together," Grady shot back. Keefe was took back by the comment. But it did make him think.

He had been born before his parents were married.

And look how that ended up.

"And if I don't?" Keefe asked, his confidence slowly draining. He felt like he was shrinking in size and dominance over Grady.

"I will take her away from you," Grady told him. "Forever."

Sorry, shorter chapter, but hey! I updated!

P.S. We're almost at 100k! Wow!