Chapter 75

Hi

We got four chapters for y'all today, 1000+ words each for 400 flipping K.

Thank you all so much, it's been a while since I've been back on Wattpad, but it was a nice surprise to see. When I saw it, I got right on making the chapters.

Please enjoy :)

Keefe's POV

To say the least, the health care center at Foxfire stayed closed for the night. Keefe gave Sophie the space she needed with the baby, exiting the health care room all together and making his way outside and into the empty school hallways. The lights which normally flickered on and off in the hallways were powered off, the magic taken right out of the school.

Keefe paced the hallways, the sound of his footsteps echoing through the long corridors as he bit at his fingernails. He hadn't acquired Sophie's bad habit of peeling away his eyelashes, but rather peeling away the skin around his nails. He ripped his hand out of his mouth when he was doing it, tucking them behind his back as he tried to blink away his tiredness. He could feel the sand from the dream fairy filling his eyes which didn't make sense because he couldn't remember the last time he had had a dream and not a nightmare.

"Keefe," a man's voice echoed down the hallway. He raised his head, vision going blurry and not able to focus on who had poked their head out of the door. "Come on, kid, Calla is awake and Sophie's still asleep."

It was Elwin.

Keefe tiredly nodded.

Anything for Sophie.

He wandered back down the hallway, sure he looked drunk as his vision wandered. Elwin gently took his arm into his grip, pulling him back into the healthcare center where a few lights practically blinded him. But his vision finally cleared, revealing only dim spheres of light floating in the air above Sophie, keeping Calla entertained at the moment, the little infant reaching her chubby arms up to them as if to grab them.

Keefe nervously glanced up to Elwin, unsure how to pick up the infant the right way.

"H-how-" he cut himself off, nervously picking his nails again. "How do I do it?"

Elwin's look to him wasn't pitiful. He gestured to Keefe to come closer to the two girls.

Keefe watched Elwin demonstrate, gently taking the infant from Sophie's chest and pulling her into his arms, cradling her head with one arm and the rest of her body nestled against his body. He set her back down on her mothers chest who wiggled in the cot, a few strands of blonde hair sticking to her forehead. She looked exhausted, bags much like his own settled under her eyes.

He hesitated to pick up the little baby, her multicolor eyes blinking up at him. But he eventually just went for it, gently taking her by under her armpits and lifting her to his chest, turning around so her back rested against his chest and her head was nestled into his inner arm.

"There you are, you're a natural," Elwin told him. He reached a hand out to the baby, but ended up patting Keefe's own head, walking off to his office where he turned off the lights, leaving Keefe in almost complete darkness.

He stared at the glass-confined office, biting his lip as he went around the room for a comfortable place to lie down with the baby, but couldn't find any. As he turned around to sit down on one of the guest chairs, a hand reached out and grabbed his arm. He whipped around, his heart stricken by fear until he saw Sophie looking up at him, her eyes glassy with tears.

"What's wrong, Foster?" he whispered, leaning down to her. Her hand reached for her breasts and he parted his lips, feeling something awakening in him. But she must have seen the look in his eyes, shaking her head as she gestured for him to come closer.

"Lie with me?" she asked. He immediately agreed, but was unsure of where to lie with the baby. Keefe watched as she parted her legs under the thin blanket, welcoming him between her thighs. He felt a smile come to his lips as he awkwardly found his way between her legs which now hung off the sides of the cott. He laid his head on her lower stomach, making sure she was comfortable with it before relaxing his body.

"How are you feeling?" she asked him. Keefe gently stroked Calla's soft head. She laid on his stomach, his legs bending at the knee over the end of the bed, his back cracking a bit from the position.

"Tired," he admitted.

"Same," she agreed. He smiled.

"Are you okay with me holding her?" he asked.

"Of course," she said, "as long as I can touch your hair, too."

Keefe grinned, giving her the permission she didn't need. Her hands wandered across his scalp and he closed his eyes, enjoying the sensation as he gently pulled and massaged the top of his head.

"Keefe?" she asked after a few minutes of darkness and silence.

"Yes, Foster?"

"Do you think we are ready to be parents?" she asked. Keefe rolled his eyes, knowing it was a serious question but not able to take it that way.

"Fuck-" he stopped. "Shit sorry, sorry."

Sophie gently giggled, twirling a strand of his hair around her finger.

"No, I don't think we are," he answered honestly.

Her hands slowed.

"But we are going to try our damn best to act like it, right, Foster?" he asked.

"Right, Lord Hunky Hair," she said, brushing his faint sideburns with her thumb. "Get some sleep, okay? You need it as much as I do."Keefe nodded.

"Will you be okay? Do you need someone to suck?" he asked, smirking as her hands stilled in his hair.

"Not now, I think I'll be okay through the night," she said. "But I have to take up your offer tomorrow morning if she's stubborn."

"Yes, ma'am."

Sophie's voice disappeared from the room, leaving Keefe's ears to search for it. But all he could hear was her breathing evening out, matching Calla's. He sighed, continuing to run his hands across the baby's head until he fell asleep. 

This chapters question topic is... Phantom of the Opera!

How many of you have watched the 2004 movie?

How many of you have watched one of the Broadway performances?

How many of you have read the book?

Favorite song?

Favorite Phantom (Gerald is my favorite <3) & your reasoning.

I'm interested to see how many people have actually seen a version, I'm not expecting many but surprise me :)