Chapter 73 (Kinda Mature)

I haven't been on wattpad for... a while. And when I come back I have 129 notifications which is a bit of a shocker for me :)

Also, 200 followers? WOWOWOWOW

That's more than my TikTok and Instagram combined, guess I'm better nameless and faceless.

Link for all sorts of Keeper of the Lost City series stuff (deleted chapters and movie stuff!): https://linktr.ee/shannonmessenger

Sophie burst into tears at the sight of her small baby. She was tiny, much to small for what she was supposed to look like. She was all to pale as well, but Elwin handed her over to Sophie. She was exhausted, emotionally and physically, put as she took the baby into her arms, it was all worth it. The baby cried in her arms but no tears came to her eyes. 

"I'll leave you three," Elwin said before stepping out the door. Keefe approached the bed but seemed to feel frozen in his spot. 

"Oh, Keefe," she cried. "Look at her," she said. "Look at your little girl."

But Keefe didn't move, his eyes full of watery tears as he stared down at the little baby. She laid on Sophie's chest and sniffled. 

"Come here, Keefe," she said. She softly patted the spot to her left and Keefe made his way around the bed, sitting down. Sophie sat herself up and handed the small baby over to him.

"Oh, she's so light," he whispered, a small laugh slipping his lips as the baby's arms flopped around. "Oh, Sophie, look at her eyes!"

But Sophie had already seen them. The baby's eyes were two different colors, on being her own eye color, a light brown with small golden speckles, and the other being one of Keefe's ice blue eyes.

"She's so cute," he said, looking over to his girlfriend. "You did it, baby," he whispered. He leaned towards Sophie who had begun to cry again, softly kissing the side of her face. "You did it."

The baby gurgled, blowing a spit bubble as Keefe softly brushed away her very light blonde hair. 

"Little Calla," she whispered, tapping the baby's nose. 

"Sorry to interrupt," Elwins aid from the door. "But, I would like to look her over and clean her up for you both."

Sophie hadn't even noticed the fluids which had been covering her little face and neither had Keefe. He hesitated handed the little child back to Elwin and he smiled as the baby wiggled in his arms. 

"She's very calm," he said before taking her into a seperate room. Keefe leaned towards Sophie, his hands sticky with the bodily fluids and blood, but she didn't care. He was breathing raggedly and Sophie ran her cleaner hands through his greasy hair. 

"Deep breaths, Keefe," she said. "You did it."

"I didn't do anything," he said. 

"Then why are you so tired?" she asked, a bit of teasing in her hoarse voice. He softly shrugged. He hugged her tight, needing someone to hold him. 

"I'm a dad," he said. "I can't believe it."

Sophie smiled, exhaustion taking over for a moment and she blinked tiredly. 

"You better believe it, I'm not doing this myself," she said. He flopped down on the other side of the cott, squeezing himself next to her and running a hand over his face. There was a comforting silence for a bit and Keefe felt at peace. 

That was until Grady's serious eyes wandered to his mind. he bit the inside of his cheek and squeezed Sophie's hand tightly. 

"So," he murmured. "How does breastfeeding work?" he asked. He could see her role her tired brown eyes.