Chapter 39 (Mature)

The picture above it a picture of the knew Collectors set and is coming out October 27th 2020 in the U.S. (without the complications of the stupid Corona Virus) It includes paperback versions of the first three books of the series (So Keeper of the Lost Cities, Exile, and Everblaze) and comes with a sticker sheet of the family crests.

But I think the best part of the whole thing is that DEX IS ON THE COVER!

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:

1. SMUT

2. Longer Chapter

3. Mature Language                                                                                                                

Things in ( ) are authors notes and I will now be marking the smut chapters like so :) 

Sophie's POV

"I don't remember signing up for the match!" I exclaimed, my head lying in Keefe's lap. "What if your 're not on my list, Keefe? What if we're declared a bad match! I just want one normal thing in my life! For once," I cried sitting up and straddling him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, shedding a few stressed tears into his shoulder. He slowly wrapped his arms around me but pulled me closer to him and into the most furious hug I had ever felt. 

"Foster! Calm down, and you know what! So what if we're a bad match? I'm fine with it, as long as I'm doing it with you," he told me. I looked up from his shoulder and into his eyes. They were a bit glossy and I could feel my lip quiver. 

"But-" I started, but he kissed me once more. 

"No buts, I know you want a normal life, but what fun is that? Who want's to be normal?" He asked me, his hands coming up to my cheeks and cupping them. "Our lives are already messed up as it is. And I owe that you Sophie. And I thank you so very much for that. If I hadn't met you, I could've ended up like my dad, and who wants that?" He asked, making me giggle a bit. "Why don't we call over the group and they can help comfort you," he asked me. I reached up, overlapping his hands with my own and leaning into them. 

"Okay," I whispered to him. He smiled and placed a few kisses around my face. 

"This will all end well, alright Foster? You have nothing to worry about," he told me. I looked behind me and saw Grady and Edaline nodding in my direction. So, I turned to Keefe and nodded one last time. 

"Alright, lets call them over."

3rd Person POV

A few minutes later, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Linh, Tam, Alden, and Della were over at the house. Sophie sat in the middle of the living room, gripping and twisting the list as she looked around the chattering group with nervous eyes. 

Everything in her told her to throw the stupid list into the Gorgodon cage and hope they burn it to ashes before eating it. But she knew Keefe would not approve. He was actually sitting behind her, letting the girl sit in his lap. His hands were under her shirt, letting him stroke her stomach skin. His head rested in her shoulder as she took rapid breaths. 

"Alright everyone, remember why we are here, alright?" Edaline asked from the front of the crowd. The teenagers nodded and walked over to Sophie who seemed like she was hyperventilating. But, Biana set her hand on Sophie shoulder, sitting next to her best friend. Fitz, Tam and Linh sat across from her, giving her reassuring smiles. Dex sat on Sophie's right side, his hand on her shoulder. 

"It'll all turn out to okay, alright Soph?" Fitz told her. She looked into those teal eyes she had fallen in love with so long ago. He gave her a reassuring smile as she looked down to her scroll, taking a deep breath.