Chapter 79

Hi.

I have no excuse.

But, I do have thank yous for all the comments and all the reads, I enjoy looking at what you guys have to say about my secret cameos and cliffhangers, thank you all :)

"Soph? How's the baby?"

Sophie froze on the cott, her eyes lurching over to where Biana stood, her eyes widened as she stared at the healthcase door, unbelieving herself. She could feel her grip on the infant tighten at the familiarity of the voice, her entire body tensing as she slowly moved her gaze over to Keefe who had froze in his spot. 

"Keefe?" she whispered, her voice cracking as she spotted his clenched fists. His light blue eyes looked darker, as if they were clouded over with the rage and fear the entire group was feeling at the sound of that monsters voice. 

"What," Keefe seethed, his voice still low enough for the intruder to not hear, "is he doing here?"

Biana nibbled on her lip, moving to stand in front of the crib, blocking the doorway from Sophie's view and hopefully Sophie from the person at the door. The knob to the healthcare center rattled and the person spoke up once again, filling the still silence of the room. 

"I know you're in there, Sophie," Fitz said on the other side, rattled the door knob again. Sophie's trembled practically shook the entire cott as she stumbled to her feet, throwing an arm around Keefe who held her tightly, holding the baby in between their two chests. 

"I'll distract him," Biana quietly put in. "Find a way out," she said, pushing her shoulders back. She turned to Marella and Tam who nodded in a mutual understanding, moving to block the now empty cott as well, their body's tight against one another to share their dwindling confidence. 

"Come on, Sophie," Keefe said, her full name sounding sour on his tongue as he hurried her into elwin's office which was barren. The physician must have left, wanting to give the teenagers time to themselves. Keefe was sure to lock the door before rifling through Elwin's things, throwing open drawers and cabinets, thinking out loud to help calm his racing thoughts. Sophie was sure to continue to stroke Calla's head, running her fingers across her soft peach fuzz as she stared out the one way mirror, watching carefully as Fitz was able to break the door, the barrier slowly swinging open to reveal his figure. 

He looked like he had been rotting throughout the past few weeks of her not seeing him. His skin was pale, cheek hollowing out as well as his eyes becoming more shadowed, those teal eyes she had once loved looking more like a sewage green, the color reminding her of her time in San Diego. His clothes were wrinkled, a few patches lying across clothes Sophie recognized as the ones he had taken advantage of her in. 

She shuddered, hurrying away from the one way mirror to make sure he couldn't see her. 

"Where is she?" Fitz's voice squeaked. "I just want to see her, I won't hurt her."

"Fitz, you aren't well-" Biana tried, her voice as soft as she could make it. Sophie huddled in the corner of the office where she could no longer see the one way mirror, hoping it would bring her comfort, but it only made her heart beat louder, her grip on the baby tightening. Calla didn't seem to like her rapidly beating heart, lifting her head from Sophie's neck and staring up at her mother's face. 

"Mama," she said to her mother, a worry line forming between where her eyebrows would eventually form. Sophie's eyes watered and she couldn't help but smile, sniffling the snot beginning to run from her nose as she nodded, pressing her forehead to Calla's, taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down. 

"Come on, Biana, let me see her," Fitz said. "You know me, you know I won't touch her."

Sophie heard Keefe growl at the statement and she shivered, wiggling herself farther into the corner of the two walls. 

"Gosh, Fitz, how can you even say that-" Tam huffed, annoyance overcoming the small amount of fear he had felt at the first sound of his voice. 

"What?" Fitz asked. 

"You fucking raped her," Tam hissed. 

"I did not!" Fitz snarled, his voice practically shaking the entire room. "She wanted it, you weren't there, you wouldn't know."

"That son of a bitch!" Keefe cried, throwing open the locked door and rushing for him. 

"Keefe, stop!" she cried, cradling the baby in her arms as she came out of her hiding spot, rushing to the door in an attempt to stop him from doing something he would regret. Without anything shielding her from Fitz's perverted gaze, she could feel the eyes rest on her for a single moment before he was tackled to the ground, Keefe landing a solid punch across his pristine jaw. 

"Keefe, just-" she started, but was cut off by a maniac like laughter rumbling through the building. 

"Sophie! Don't leave me here! I just wanted to see you, my love!" Fitz cried hysterically, his hands scraping across the tile ground in an attempt to sit up and look at her. But Keefe kept hitting punches to his face, sitting on top of his torso and holding him by the collar. Sophie wasn't an empath, but she could feel the waves of rage rolling off of Keefe's stiff figure, every punch numb to the point Biana and Tam had to pull him off of Fitz in the fear of him killing him. 

"You're a monster, Vacker!" Keefe spit as Tam dragged his struggling body away from him. "Just like your fucking brother!"

"I love you, Sophie!" Fitz cried from the ground, turning on his stomach as a groan ran across his body. He reached an arm out, resting his crooked chin on the ground so his teal eyes could meet hers. She could feel her lip wobble at the sight of their eyes meeting, the red, drunk like look in his eyes making her heart skip a beat in fear. 

"Get him out of here!" Keefe snarled at Marella and Biana who were struggling to hold him back, his clawing fingers beginning to bleed from their scratching at the hard surface. 

"Please, Sophie! Just let me see my child!" he called, his eyes begging as he was dragged out of the room by Biana. Sophie hugged Calla tight to her chest, refusing to let go even as Marella approached her, her entire body shaking. "Sophie!" he cried once more before the door to the health center was slammed in his face, leaving Sophie to drowned in the sound of her own rapidly beating heartbeat.