Chapter 65

Go check out my HARRY POTTER ONE-SHOTS fanfiction if you have spare time!

3rd Person POV

Keefe walked towards the many fenced in areas behind the large house. Grady walked down the hall behind him, grumbling about things. Sure, Keefe was nervous to be around the man who was technically giving him a time limit to marry his daughter. 

Wait, didn't the girlfriend normally do that?

"Sencen, its this way," Grady huffed over to him. He waved the blonde boy farther towards the woods where an audible roar was heard followed by the banging of metal chains. 

"You have him chained up?" Keefe asked Grady when the man had finally caught up to him. Grady nodded. 

"He's already escaped twice and knocked over a few trees," Grady told him, stepping over a root as they entered the woods. The sound of banging metal came again followed by a ground rumbling roar. He could here birds quickly go into a flock and fly off into the sky in fear of the animal. As they walked deeper into the forest, Keefe could see a high metal fence appearing in the middle of a clearing. Before the blonde boy was able to wander off any farther, Grady grabbed his arm, shaking his head at the curious boy. They both snuck behind a large tree just outside the fence. This was when Grady let go of his arm. 

When Keefe peered around the tree and his ice blue eyes widened. Inside the caged in area was a lion, like Sophie had shown him in one of her memories. A golden mane surrounded its large face as it seemed to grumble to himself, licking his large canine teeth. It strut around, almost glaring at the fence with its purple eyes before launching at it again, making Keefe flinch. Its claws could get on the outside of the cage, large silver claws, shining in the faint sun light which could get through the leaves of the trees. Its large, muscled body was as golden as the fur of his long mane. The griffin jumped down from the bars, growling and letting out another frustrated foar, scattering more birds in the area. The thing which stood out from the creature was its wings. Its large, glittering feathered wings were almost as big as Silveny's, maybe even a bit bigger. They flapped, brushing off the leaves which fell from above.

"Ah, I see," Keefe said, watching as the griffin launched at the fence again. 

"He doesn't seem to like me very much, nor Edaline. He growls every time we come over," Grady mumbled, not looking around the tree. "But I have to feed him, so I thought, Silveny likes you, why don't you give it a try?" Grady asked him. 

Keefe's eyes widened. 

"You... you want me to feed it?" Keefe asked him. Grady smiled and nodded. 

"If your willing, I think Sophie would enjoy knowing you could handle a griffin," Grady said. Keefe groaned at the thought, knowing she would like to see he would be capable of handling of a griffin. 

"Can I talk to her before-" Keefe begun, but Grady was already bending over, snatching the bucket of meat from the ground. Keefe stared at the raw, bloody meet, gulping down a gag. The smell quickly hit him when he took the bucket into his grip. 

"You just need to open the door and throw the meet to him, easy," Grady said to him. 

"Then why aren't you doing it-" Keefe begun, but Grady pushed him out from the cover of the tree. The griffins face quickly turned to him, its pupils going small at the sight of him, and a snarl coming to its sharp mouth. Keefe huffed in frustration, wanting to send a glare at Grady but too scared he'd be beaten from two angles, so he walked closer to the fence. The griffin turned its whole body towards him, both eyes watching closely at every move the boy made. 

Keefe could tell Grady was enjoying the fear in his eyes.

The boy slowly made his way towards the gate, but flinched at the sound of a throaty growl coming from the animal. Keefe bit his lip, but reached for the gate, slowly unlocking it with the key Grady had handed him. He unlocked it, slowly opening it. Suddenly, the griffin made a loud roar, bounding towards the slightly opened.