Chapter 62 (Mature)

3rd Person POV

Keefe felt like he was about to explode. He was nervous, mad and happy all at the same time. He walked back up the hill after a little bit. Grady had gone up right after saying his threat of taking away the only person who had truly loved him away from him. Forever. 

He squatted down, chewing his fingers. He wanted to yell. He wanted to scream. Now that he looked at it, his parents had turned out so bad, maybe Grady's advice was for his own good. 

He hated Grady being right. 

Why had he had to be wrong about everything?

"You okay?" A voice asked from above him. It wasn't Sophie's voice, but it was feminine. Keefe looked up to see Edaline standing up. She was wearing a red and black plaid shirt with jean looking things. The human style was really beginning to spread through the elvin world quickly after Sophie's arrival. 

"What did he say to you?" Edaline asked. Keefe bit his lip, deciding not to tell her. So, he stood up, shaking his head. 

"Nothing, just scared me a bit," Keefe told her. Edaline raised an eyebrow, but didn't ask any further questions. The family said down at the table, Sophie right next to him. She gave him a warm smile, but he couldn't return the grin. He was burning from the inside out, and felt like he was going to pass out from the stress in only a few minutes. 

But Sophie turned back to her food, seeming to inhale the mallowmelt from the plate in the middle of the circular table. 

Keefe continued to play with his food, staring down at his face. As Grady and Edaline stared up a quiet conversation between the two, Keefe's muscles tensing. Sophie must have noticed because she slowed on the eating thing, her eyes shooting to his in concern. 

"You okay, Keefe?" Sophie asked him. A fake smile rose to his cheeks and Keefe's eyes shot over to Grady's. His hard eyes stared at his daughters boyfriend before quickly turning back to his wife. Keefe's eyes turned back to Sophie's but her attention had turned back to her food, eating up the gooey green substance in a bowel. 

As dinner slowly came to and end, the moon rising in the distance, Keefe got up from the table. he walked over to the coat rack by the door at the entrance of the house. 

"Keefe? Where are you going?" Sophie asked, slowly standing up from her chair and placing a hand on her stomach. Keefe could tell she was trying to hide a wince, but he could see her knees shake under neither her. As she began to collapse, he quickly ran over to her, catching the tired and woozy girls in his arms. 

"Please, stay," she whispered to him. Keefe could feel her hot breath against his neck and a soft blush rose to his cheeks. His eyes turned over his shoulder and he saw Grady give him a non trusting look, but Edaline quickly stepped in front of him, giving him an encouraging smile. 

"Me and Grady would love it if you stayed! Sophie needs the comfort and so does your baby girl," Edaline said, waving them upstairs. Keefe watched as Grady opened his mouth to say something else, but Edaline covered him mouth, waving them up stairs. 

"Here, let me help," Keefe told his girlfriend as she struggled to get up the stairs. He quickly picked her up bridal style and she laughed, smiling. He carried her up stairs, softly rocking the girl in his arms before setting her on the top of her bed. 

"You seemed stressed at dinner, what happened with Grady?" Sophie asked him, patting the spot next to her. Keefe debated on telling her, but he knew Sophie would quickly become mad at her father and begin yelling at him, which would only cause more stress for herself. So, he decided against it.