Chapter 32

Make sure you go and check out my knew story, A SOKEEFE STORY (College AU) :)

Keefe's POV

Everyone was overjoyed by Sophie's awakening. I showered her in kisses when she woke up. She just giggled and laughed, loving the way I was loving her. I wouldn't let her out of my grip. 

"Keefe's you gotta let me go sometime," she whined. I nuzzled my face into her neck, not loosening my grip on her waist. 

"Never, I'm never letting you go again," I told her. She smiled and started to squirm. 

"Keefe," she whined again. I shook my head and pulled her to my chest. "We have guests though," she tried. I smiled. 

"Let them in, I ain't lettin' you go," I told her. She smiled and shook her head in defeat.

"You can let them in Elwin!" She shouted. Grady, Edaline, Fitz and Biana poured into the room. They all showered her in hugs and kisses. Sophie just laughed and giggled like she had when I had been doing the same.

"Boy, let me hug my daughter," Grady commanded. I immediately let go of her. He smirked and pulled Sophie into his arms. Her legs were kind of numb from the non use of them, but she didn't seem to mind. Elwin let her use his wheelchair thing so I could wheel her around. Grady had argued that someone more 'responsible' should wheel her around. 

Whatever that meant.

Sophie said she had wanted to teach the group a game she had seen people play when she was in the Forbidden Cities and everyone immediately agreed. The game was called baseball and I didn't get the point. You swung a stick at a ball and hoped you had enough power to make it go far. But Fitz seemed to love the idea. He was also really good at it. 

"Alright, Biana, throw the ball as hard as you can to Fitz. He'll to hit and Keefe you and Dex go chase after it," she told us. She was sitting in the stands in her wheelchair and I could tell her was bit disappointed she couldn't play. But she kept clapping and cheering to us, even if we all had no idea what we were. 

"Strike!" Tam shouted. He had wanted to be the umpire so he didn't have to be in the sun but I thought Bangs Boy was just a wimp and didn't want to get hit. This is why the poor kid doesn't have a girlfriend. Well besides that he has the lamest hairstyle, EVER. 

"Swing at it Fitz!" Sophie shouted. Fitz smiled in her direction before swinging at the small ball and it went flying over my head. I groaned and ran after it. It ended up landing pretty far in the Havenfield grass. I also found out I didn't have the best arm. The ball hadn't went very far after I threw it and I ended up just running it in. Fitz and Tam were doubled over laughing at my failed attempt of baseball and I could help but blush in embarrassment. Foster rolled her self over to me and I hung my head. 

"I'll never be as good as them," I mumbled. I looked over to Biana and Linh and saw they were trying to hide their laughter. Dex was the only one who wasn't laughing. He was patting my back and trying to encourage me that it wasn't the worst thing to be bad at in the world.

"Let me give you a tip," Sophie whispered something in my ear. My eyes slowly widened at her secret and I smiled, nodding. Sophie turned her wheelchair and started shouting to the two laughing boys. "Alright Fitz, go again," she told him. Fitz smirked in my direction before getting into his batting stance. I took a few steps back when he hit it. It once again flew over my head. I ran after it, tucking my glove under my arm like Sophie had told me. When I picked it up, I took on step with my left foot and threw the ball in with all my might and a long arm. The ball flew through the air over the field and...

Straight in Edaline and Grady's bedroom closed window.