Chapter 30

Chapter 30 :)

Sophie POV

My head burst into pain as I collapsed to the ground. Elves may be pretty strong compared to humans but we are not invincible. I face planted into the ground, feeling warm liquid trickle down my neck. I heard a high pitch scream that I assumed was Edaline and another high pitch scream which I really hoped hadn't come from Grady. 

"Sophie!" I heard Edaline yell. My vision started getting blurry as I felt two strong arms wrap around me. Then, I backed out. 

3rd Person POV

Grady watched as one of the men shot his daughter down. He yelped and ran over to her, mesmerizing all the humans to get on their knees and look down. Edaline ran over to Sophie and picked her up into her arms. Grady ran over to the two groaning boys, touching them as he held his crystal up and released the civilians from the spell. 

They leapt to Foxfire, running into Elwins office with the three teens. Elwin was sitting on his chair in at his desk, flipping through some papers. Suddenly, Bullhorns eyes shot open at the sight of the dying girl in Grady's arms. Elwin shot to his feet, seeing his banshee in distress he knew this patient was in grave danger. 

"What happened?" He exclaimed, not registering who he was dealing with. His eyes focused through his goggled glasses. "Sophie!" He exclaimed, sunning over to t he now pale girl. Grady was stroking her cheek hating the way she was sweating from the effort of trying to stay alive. Tears came to his and Edaline's eyes when they saw the way the physician was looking at their daughter. 

"Can you help her?" Grady asked, holding Sophie out to Elwin. He frowned and looked at his most consistent patient with watery eyes. 

"I can't," he told them, sighing as his shoulders drooped. But then, his eyes wandered over to the two boys across the room, who were now starting to awake. He pointed to them. "But they can." Grady's eyes narrowed on the boys in the corner of the room. Keefe was the first to see his girlfriend in Grady's arms. His face went grim as he stood up and walked over to her. He reached a shaky hand out and felt her forehead. 

"W-What happened?" He asked, his voice cracking. "I did this, didn't I?" he asked, running a panicked hand through his hair as he looked away from Sophie. "I shouldn't have gotten in that fight with Fitz. We should've just gone to the movies and left," he hissed at himself. Elwin sighed and ran over to his desk, pointing behind his to the cott. 

"Grady, lay her there and start shaking Fitz awake," he instructed. Grady looked at his daughter once more before gently laying her down and running over to Fitz with terrorizing eyes. He was going to give this boy a piece of his mind if his daughter awoke. 

When his daughter awoke. 

Elwin had put a mask on with some sort of magic gloves to keep his hands clean. He lightly turned Sophie on her back and waved the two teenage boys over to the cott. Grady had caught Fitz up on everything that had happened and Fitz had agreed he'd do anything. 

"You boy's must work together to stabilize and wake up Sophie. I can take the bullet o-" Elwin started saying as he took out some medical tools and made a orb appear. 

"Together?" They both asked in unison. Grady murmured a few naughty words under his breath as Edaline cuddled to his chest in despair. 

"Yes, together," Elwin said, glaring at the two boys. They looked at each other with nasty looks before agreeing. Elwin showed the boys their positions in the operation. Keefe would be watching her emotions and keeping them steady. If her fear spiked, he would have to bring it back down. Fitz would be moderating her memories and make sure she was looking at happy things. And Elwin would watch her heart, vitals, and extract the bullet. He would also patch her head up at the end. 

"Grady, take Edaline out," Elwin told the husband. Grady nodded and ran out of the room with his wife. Fitz had his fingers on her temples, him staring at her pale face. Keefe had both his hands holding onto hers. She had fortunately left her enhancing on when they were walking around the human city. 

(Just a quick question, do you guys think her Enhancing ability work when she was sleeping or unconscious?)

"She's thinking about the beach with Keefe," Fitz told Keefe, his voice turning to a growl at the end. Elwin nodded and looked over to Keefe to see his update. 

"She's scared, but nothing to bad. Her pain is spiking more than anything," he told Elwin. The physician nodded, one of his pincers taking out the bullet that was lodged in her skull. He quickly grabbed some wrap and started wrapping some cotton around the knew scar. But Fitz started to shift. 

"She's thinking about something else now," he announced, his eyebrows furrowing in concentration. "She's thinking about Base-quest when she was on my team." Keefe rolled his eyes at the last part. 

"You didn't have to share the last part," he told Fitz. The teal eyed boy glared at Keefe and went back to thinking. "She's my girlfriend anyways." Fitz's eyes shot up to Keefe. 

"But she might like me better," he challenged. Keefe just rolled his eyes again and went back to moderating her emotions. It was a Fitz and Keefe argument that got them into this and he didn't want to make things escalate with another fight with his former best friend. 

They started softly bickering again. Grady looked at the physician and they just sighed and rolled their eyes. The two boys were ridiculous. 

"All done boys, she's in the clear," Elwin said. Keefe let out a sigh of relief and sat next to his girlfriend on the cott. Fitz sat on the other side, softly stroking her scratched palm. 

The two boys stayed in their spot for the next several days, waiting for Sophie to wake up. Dex, Biana, and Ling stopped by a lot. Tam and Marella also stopped over a lot, now that they were a couple they went everywhere together. Soon a few days turned to week and then two. And people were starting to get worried. 

"When's my baby girl gonna wake up Elwin?" Grady asked, sitting on one of the guest chairs in the room. Elwin flashed an orb over the girl and nodded. 

"Her vitals are normal and all her cells are in good condition. I'd say she wakes up sometime today," he told the three boys. Keefe could tell everyone in the room wanted to point out how he had said the same thing every day for the last week. Keefe was lying next to his girlfriend on the small cott. He had twined their fingers together and stroked her cheek.

"Wake up love," he whispered in to her ear. Her chest was rising and falling at a good pace but something just seemed, wrong. Her emotions were normal and so was all the doctor stuff Elwin was saying. So what could be so wrong that it was bothering him? Was it how distant Fitz was now that they had saved Sophie together? Or was it the morning for her touch? Seeing all the other couples come in the room really did make his wanting for her to wake up rise. But he didn't just want her for kisses and for her to touch him or for him to touch her. It was her company that he missed. Her smile and her laugh. Her beautiful laugh. He loved making her laugh. He missed making her blush and seeing her take out her eyelashes one by one. He missed feeling her slap his arm after he made a terrible joke. He missed her stories of the human world. He missed his English lessons with her. He missed spending time with her in general.

He just missed her. 

He missed his girlfriend. 

He missed his Sophie.

He missed his Foster.