Chapter 23

Sophie's POV

I ran out of the bedroom and down the stairs of Havenfield. Grady and Edaline were sitting at the kitchen table. They immediately called to me for what was wrong and I slowed down. But, I quickly went back to running away when I heard Keefe's calls for me and rapid footsteps running down the stairs. I ran out the main door and to the cliff. Before I leapt, I stopped and looked over my shoulder. Keefe was stumbling out the door with a Grady screaming colorful words running after him.

Serves him right, I thought. Keefe's eyes met mine and they seemed to send silent pleads. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I leapt from the solid ground, followed by the clasping sound of lightning and I fell into the void.

Keefe's POV

I ran down the stairs and after Sophie. That's when I heard a growl come from behind me. But I didn't stop. I ran after my beautiful girlfriend that I had treated so poorly. I had been greedy. I ran out the door and that's when I saw Sophie at the edge of the cliff.

"No Sophie!" I screamed. She peered over her shoulder as I felt a hand grip my wrist. I didn't care what Grady did to me. I need to get my Foster back. Then, she jumped. I whimpered and Grady tugged me time the ground.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Grady yelled. Tears were streaming down my face at this point.

"I did something very very very bad," I told him. His eyes were co fused at first but then they filled with the realization. He yanked my arm and I groaned.

"YOU DON'T GET THE TOUCH MY DAUGHTER EVER AGAIN!" He yelled. I whimpered. Grady growled and grabbed my leaping crystal, holding it up to the light. I glittered away, trying to hold on my sobs.

Sophie's POV

I teleported to Everglen, not waiting for someone to answer the door when I knocked. I slammed the door open and sprinted up to Biana's room, not waiting to knock. I bathed into her room and ran over to her bed, flipping onto it.

"Sophie! What happened?" She asked. I sat myself up against the wall and didn't feel like talking. My vocal cords were to hoarse from crying. So, I transmitted the whole story to her. I was in her lap by the end and she was stroking my hair. "Shhhhh it's okay, your alright. He's not worth those tears," she said, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Hey Bi, what do you think about thi- Sophie?" Someone said from the door. I slowly looked up and saw Fitz holding a box.

"Hi Fitz," I said, my voice worse than I thought it would had been. He hurried over to my side and pulled me into his lap. I didn't care because I could feel his intentions were to help a friend.

"What happened Soph?" He asked. I looked over to Biana. She nodded and explained the situation. Fitz was shaking with anger by the end of the summary. "I knew it," he mumbled.

"Knew what?" I asked, noticing that he didn't want me to hear what he had said.

He tore a hand through his hair, "I knew he was up to something." He turned his head back down to me. "You wanna spend the night?" I nodded. Fitz carried me into the guest bedroom and tucked me into bed. "Just call me if you need anything, I'll probably be awake anyways," he said, sitting on the edge of the bed right next to my legs. His hand wiped the hair out of my face.

"Thanks Fitz," I whispered. He smiled and flashed me his movie star smile before kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight Sophie."

Sorry these chapters are short and this was so hard to right because it was SoFitz! But, I also think the Fitz in the beginning of the book wasn't very realistic.