Chapter 38

Sophie's POV

Me and Keefe have been together for about three weeks now. Grady and him have somewhat worked it out. Edaline still adores the blonde haired boy, treating him like her son in law already. Silveny still loves him just as much as she did when she met him. 

"Everyone loves you," I whispered to him, planting a kiss on his cheek. He smiled and shook his head. 

"Grady may have said he wouldn't kill me, but I could feel his lie from across the room where you were protecting me," he told me with a smile. He twined our fingers together as we walked up the emerald green grass hill in the middle of the night. The sky was clear outside, like normal in the Lost Cities. It was hard to believe I had missed this beautiful land for thirteen years of my life. 

"I took you up here because I want to show you where Alden took me whenever my mom and dad fought. Me, Fitz, and Biana would skip up here, Della and Alden laughing behind us. The stars would be out, dimmer than they are now, but still in eye glance," he told me. Our arms swung together we started to skip until we were almost at the top. "This place is the second most beautiful land in all of the Lost Cities. You are very lucky to have it in Havenfield," he told me. Then, he lifted me into his arms and took one more huge step. I gasped at the wondrous sight. 

In the dark, the sky seemed to swirl with all sorts of colors, pink, purple, light blue. The stars twinkled as bright as the flashlights I used to set up in Amy's room when the smoke covered the flickering lights. The hills in the distance were the same long, emerald green grass we had walked up, and seemed to shimmer. Or maybe the shimmering was coming from the fire flies flying between the long blades. Rainbow colored birds and other mystical animals flew in the sky, putting on a night show for us. 

"It's beautiful, but you said this is the second most beautiful place in the Lost Cities?" I said, turning my head to my boyfriend. He had a goofy grin on his face as he started walking down the large hill we had spent all night walking up. 

"This, Sophie Foster, is the most beautiful place in the world," he said, walking up to a vined curtain that hung from a tree. He set me down on the ground and parted the vines so I could walk through. Inside the hidden area, there was a shimmering pool of water. The place around me didn't seem near as beautiful as the outside landscape. 

"Is this some sort of joke?" I asked him, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow. He let out a slight chuckle and pushed me closer to the water. 

"Look into the water," he told me. I gave him one last suspicious look.

"If you push me in Sencen," I warned and he quickly shook his head. 

"I promise I won't push you in," he told me, putting his hand to his heart. I smiled and nodded before looking into the water. I was ready for something magical to happen, something mystical and better than the landscape outside. But when I looked in, there was nothing than my own reflection.

"What is it supposed to be?" I asked him, about to turn my head but found Keefe's hands holding it in place. 

"Its you, Foster. You are the most beautiful thing that there is in the Lost Cities. Nothing else can beat you," he told me. I smiled slightly before grabbed Keefe by the hands and throwing him over my shoulder. He let out a surprised scream as he crashed into the water. 

"Foster," he whined, getting up from in the water. The small looking pond had been surprisingly deep, going up to Keefe's shoulders. 

"Thank you Keefe," I said, helping him out of the water. He wrapped his arms around me and I was met with a really cold, soaking wet surface. 

"Keefe! Your so cold!" I screamed at him.

"Yep and your super warm, so we'll even out soon."

Back at Havenfield...

Sophie? Is that you, sweetheart?" Edaline asked from upstairs. I handed Keefe a towel as I ran up the stairs to see what she wanted. "Sophie! Guess what came today!" She said, holding something behind her back. I looked around nervously, not sure what to say. 

"Um, a dress?" I guessed, my voice cracking at the end. She shook her head, outstretching her hands so I could finally see what it was.

"Your first matchmaking scroll!"

Sorry this chapter was short but the next chapter should be coming out soon and it will be SMUT.