Chapter 28

Keefe's POV

Fitz had bought the ticket for the day after he showed Sophie and my jealousy had blown over the top. That's exactly what he's trying to do, Keefe! He's trying to get to your nerves so you let your rage out on your beautiful girlfriend! He wants you slip up again!

"Hey Keefe! I got you some human clothes!" Sophie shouted from her room. We were in Havenfield at the time because Christmas was over and we had no where else to go. Sophie was currently working on finding me human clothes for the movie so I would "blend it. " But who would want to blend in when they had hair like mine? I mean, the ladies can't lay off me! But i was guessing Sophie didn't want to get jealous of all the stares from the girls. 

"Coming!" I shouted back, running up the stares to check on her. She was holding a blue shirt that had black lined squares as the pattern. There was also a pair of black pants on the bed with a pair of black boots. Sophie waved me over and I wrapped her into a hug from behind. 

"It's a flannel. A lot of humans wear it now and it will look good with the black ripped jeans and boots," she said, turning tot he other clothes. I followed her, once in a while grinding on her behind to try and get her turned on. It wasn't seeming to work. Sophie seemed to be immune to my pleasure methods when she was focused. "Okay, go put these on! We need to leave for Everglen in five minutes!" She shouted at me, pointing to the bathroom door. I smirked and slowly walked over to the clothes. She tapped her foot on the ground, crossing her arms and shooting me a glare. "Don't make me slap you!" She warned. I thought about it. 

"Depending on where I would actually enjoy it," I told her, my smirk turning to a smug grin. Her face flamed with anger as she ran for me. I smiled and ran into the bathroom, locking the door. "Have some of your own medicine!" I shouted through the door. I heard some annoyed mumbling and smirked to myself. 

"Hurry up Keefe!" She screamed. I mumbled and rolled my eyes, taking my pants off and changing into the uncomfortable clothing. 

Walking out of the bathroom a few minutes later, Sophie had changed already and she was wearing a tight purple dress. Biana was standing across from her, looking her over. My eyes danced around happily when I saw I could see all her curves. 

"Me likey," I said, walking up to her and licking my lips. Sophie rolled her eyes and walked into the closet, changing out of the dress. Whens he came out, she was wearing some black sweatpants with a white tube top. Her faint abs were staring me in the face. She pulled on some black shoes and grabbed my hand. 

"Come on," she told me, hauling me out the door. "Thank you Biana!" She shouted behind us as she closed the door. I looked at her in confusion. 

"You seem a bit angry," I said as she stomped over to the cliff. She turned to me, her eyes flamed with anger. 

"I am not angry!" I shouted. I backed up a step. Alrighty then, I thought as she grabbed my hand with a deathly grip and started back walking to the cliff. 

"You know, I think I forgot my... er... toothbrush at the house. I'll be right back!" I told her, running away as quick as I could. I couldn't tell what was up with her, but something was making her have mood swings. I ran into the house to see Biana packing up her load full of dresses. "Hey Biana, you know, Sophie's been getting kind of angry lately. yesterday she started crying out of no where and I don't know what wrong or what to do and I feel horrible-"

"Keefe, you blabbering," she told me. She looked me in the eye when she was sure I was back to normal. "It's alright Keefe, I'm surprise you haven't noticed it before. It's that time of the month," she told me. I titled my head in confusion. Biana's face turned to shock. She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "You seriously have no clue what I'm talking about?" She asked. I started going through all the human things Sophie had blabbered about for the last month and didn't find anything that matched the state my girlfriend was in right now. Biana burst out laughing. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, still confused. She doubled over laughing. 

"You have to be playing with me right now. She's having mood swings because-" She started, waving her hand for me to finish. I looked through my mind, trying to find some sort of helpful information. Hunger? She's been eating tones of chocolate lately so it's not that. 

Wait.

My face must have blossomed with realization because I saw Biana smile. "Oh. Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I see," I said, laughing at myself. How could I be so foolish? "Oh, I get it, jeesh, I am blind," I told her, walking over to the fridge and finding a batch of mallow mouth. I grabbed a backpack from Sophie's room and put the plate it it. I grabbed her IPod, just in case. 

"Okay, thanks Biana. I never would have figured it out without you," I said, running out of the door. Sophie was impatiently tapping her foot on the grass as she stared me down. That girl was scary on her period. 

"Sorry, I dropped my toothbrush in the...um...toilet. Yeah, the toilet," I told her, grabbed her hand and running off of the cliff. She closed her eyes and teleported us to Everglen. 

Fitz was waiting at the outside of the gate, smiling and waving to me and Sophie. She still had a grumpy look on her face as she walked over to him. I needed to cheer her up somehow, before we got to Fitz. I didn't need him caring about her. This could be the slip up he was looking for. My eyes darted around and they finally landed on a color changing flower in one of the bushes. I ran over to it and Sophie looked at me in anger. 

"What are you-"

"For you, M'lady," I told her, dipping to one knee and placing the flower behind her ear. She looked at the flower for a second and then over to me. I smiled and started to sweat. This girl could be screaming at me and then give me mallow melt the next minute and I would still never know what she was feeling, even if I am an Empath and that's my thing. 

"Thank you Keefe," she said, coming to her tip toes and planting a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and kissed her hand, playfully. 

"Anything for the Princess," I told her and we started our walk back to Fitz. he smiled and Sophie and then looked me up at down. he was wearing something similar to me except he was wearing a red flannel and lighter blue jeans with tennis shoes, or that's what Sophie called them in the pictures. 

"You guys ready for this?" Fitz asked, holding up the tickets. I snatched me and Sophie's tickets before he could move. 

"Yep, lets go before we miss the trailers!" I said, grabbing Sophie's hand and Fitz held up his crystal. We dissolved into the light and came out in a busy street. Surprisingly no one had noticed us materialize into mid air. Fitz waved us over and I heard Sophie sniffle. She reached up and wiped her eyes. 

"What is going on? Why am I crying?" She asked, wiping another tear. I looked over to Fitz who was walking in front of us. I pulled Sophie off to the side and looked her in her beautiful brown eyes. 

"Foster-poo? What's wrong my princess?" I asked, wiping a streaming tear that was running down her cheek. 

"I don't know, just a stupid mood swing," she said, rubbing her eyes. I smiled and opened my backpack, taking out a slice of mallowmelt, my secret weapon. "you brought mallowmelt?" She asked, taking the slice and shoving it in her mouth. I smiled and wiped a piece of the inside filling off her mouth and licked it off my finger. 

"Mmmm never get's old, huh princess?" I asked her. She smiled and shook her head as we caught up with Fitz. 

"Never does my prince," she answered. 

Keefe is a great boyfriend even if he doesn't have nay idea what he's doing :)

P.S. 

The Keeper of the Lost Cities title for book nine comes out tomorrow supposedly! I'll tell you guys on the next chapter if I remember!