Chapter 11

Keefe's POV

We arrived at Everglen, hand in hand. I looked into Sophie beautiful brown eyes and smiled to myself. She was so beautiful and I loved her so much. I kissed the top of her head as we walked over to the door. She knocked and Fitz answered. He had a evil smirk on his face.

"Welcome m'lady," he said with an exaggerated bow. Sophie giggled and I shot Fitz a death glare. He gave me a sweet smile and led Sophie into the house. I grumbled, "lady stealer," and walked after Sophie. But I ran into someone. I looked up and saw an older figure that looked like Fitz.

"Hello Keefe," he said. I bowed and Alden led me to his office. I sat on a spinny and looked around the room, nervously. "I called you because of Sophie," Alden started. I nodded and started to fiddle with the end of my cape.

"I was afraid you would say that," I muttered. Alden sighed and gave me a sympathetic smile. "It's about Fitz, too, right?" I asked. Alden nodded. He looked over to the closed door and then over to me.

"Fitz is still in love with Sophie. You need to show him that you two are happy and that their is no room for him to have a serious relationship with Sophie," Alden explained. All of a sudden, a blond elf came running into the room without a shirt on. She was crying and her lips looked swollen. I ran over to her as she collapsed into my arms. She clung to me. I wrapped my arms around her and stroked her soft hair.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Fitz," she croaked. I growled and lifted her up. I went into Biana's room, where she was working on her makeup. Biana turned to me and sucked in a breath when she saw Sophie. I laid her on Biana's bed, then stormed out of the room and over to Fitz's room. Fitz was just sitting on his bed, being the dumby he is. I walked over to him and slapped him as hard as I could.

"Would you quit kissing and making my girlfriend uncomfortable! I love her and she loves me! There is no room for you in her life!" I yelled at him. Fitz turned to me and raised a fist.

"There is no room for you in her life!" He snarled back. His fist flew and hit me in the gut. I flew back and hit the wall. I winced as I slid to my bottom. Fitz stood up and huffed an angry breath. He walked closer to me and grabbed me by the shirt collar. He then repeatedly punched me in the face. I groaned as my vision went fuzzy. He dropped me on the ground and walked out of the room, locking the door behind him.

Sophie's POV

I walked into Fitz's room and sat on his bed. He sat next to me and moved a little close for comfort. I scooted away but he wrapped his arms around my waist. I kept my lips shut as he started kissing them. I groaned as he started lifting my shirt up. But I didn't realize that he was actually was going to take it off. He brought it over my head and I yelped. Tears started spilling out of my eyes as Fitz started kissing down my neck.

"Stop!" I yelled. It only seemed to motivate him. He starting to suck and I punched him in the gut. I ran out of the room, Fitz on my tail. I ran over to Alden's office where Keefe and him were talking. Keefe immediately ran over me as I collapsed.

"What happened?" He asked, rubbing my back. I whimpered.

"Fitz," is all I could say. He picked me up and brought me up to Biana's room. She didn't seem surprised to see me. Keefe laid me on the her bed and stormed out of the room, cracking his knuckles. Biana brought her makeup kit over to the bed.

"Was it Fitz?" She asked, already knowing the answer. She started to wipe the tears from my cheeks and fix all the makeup Edaline had put on. I nodded as more tears spilled out of my eyes. She shushed me and wiped them away again. "It'll be okay," she said. I looked into her eyes.

"How can you be sure?" I asked. She smiled.

"I know it for a fact." A smile appeared on my face until the door opened to Biana's room. A tall, handsome boy walked in. I yelped and backed into Biana's bed frame. She looked up at her brother and guarded me.

"Fitz, get out," Biana said. Fitz shook his head and started walking closer to me.

"What did you do to Keefe?" I asked. Fitz's eyes seemed to have a wild look as he shrugged. As he took another step forward, I bolted for the window. I crashed through the glass and fell through. I levitated myself to the ground and ran over to the woods. I heard a thumping noise come from behind me. I tried to run faster but my legs were starting to get tired. The thumping noise got louder as I shot into the sky. Something was following but I was to afraid to look behind me. I started to pick up speed as I circled back to Everglen.

"Leave me alone Fitz!" I yelled, opening the door to the castle and slamming it shut. Alden was waiting for me and directed me to a room to the right. I ran for cover and locked the door once I was inside. I looked out the small spy hole and saw Fitz come through the door. He walked up to his father and demanded to know where I was. Alden shrugged and explained seeing me run out the back door. Fitz ran to the back and Alden came over to the door. I unlocked it and raced out. "Where is Keefe?" I yelled. Then there was a call from upstairs.

"Sophie!" It said. It sounded like Biana's voice and I raced upstairs. Biana was standing in front of a door. I heard soft knocks coming from inside. "Do you think it's Keefe?" She asked. Tears spilled out of my eyes as I kicked the door multiple times. I pounded on the thick oak door and slid to my knees. Why did it have to be him? I could hear the door downstairs open and I panicked. I quickly took a bobby pin out of my hair and started to pick the lock. Biana looked into my eyes and I nodded. Biana raced downstairs and I kept trying to get the door to open. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Biana's obnoxiously loud talking. I picked faster and I heard a small click. I slipped into the room and closed the door behind me, quietly. I looked over to the other side of the room and gasped. Keefe laid on the floor, his nose bleeding and his face bruised, again. I ran over to him and stroked his cheek. He moaned.

"It's okay," I said, tears spilling down my cheeks. "We need to get you to Havenfield," I finished. He slightly nodded and his eyes opened a small bit. He smiled at my sight and he wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried on his shoulder. I pulled away and pulled out my home crystal. We glittered into the sun light and appeared in my room. I lead Keefe over to the bathroom and he sat on the counter. I took out a few elixirs and he gulped them down. I cleaned the dried blood from his nose and cleaned his face. He smiled every time my skin touched his.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I helped him down from the counter.

"As long as you're okay," I answered. He smiled and I led him over to my bed. I laid down and he laid down next to me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist. I smiled as he started kissing my neck.

"I love you Sophie Foster," he said.

"I love you to Keefe Sencen.

Whoa! That was 1432 words! That is my new record. I must beat it on the next chapter. Anyways, this chapter was a little all over the place and less romantic but whatever. I hope you guys are enjoying this book and plan to finish it!

-Hailey