Chapter 66 (Christmas Special)

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Hello *waves*

:)

Also a bit of a longer chapter for my apology of being gone for so long.

3rd Person POV

Keefe bit his lip, staring at the large glowing gate in front of him. Last years Christmas had set place here, but since he and Grady didn't think it was a good idea for Sophie to leap with the baby, Keefe had taken the initiative to plan a surprise Christmas party for his girlfriend. He hadn't told anyone but Edaline yet, because he felt Grady would come up with the negatives of the situation. So, he slowly approached the doorway, knocking on the gate. He peered through the glowing iron bars to see someone opening the doors. The man walked down the steps toward the gate. Keefe quickly realized how long it had truly been since he had left Havenfield. He hadn't seen Fitz since they had found out who the child was. 

"Fitz," was all Keefe said. Fitz nodded in agreement, opening the gate for him. The two boys walked up the path towards the doors in silence, not knowing what to say to each other. Keefe felt Fitz's sad and disappointed emotions being hurled at him, but he quickly pushed them away, not wanting to feel a pint of sympathy for what this boy had done. 

"Ah, hello Keefe, what can I do for you?" Alden asked at the top of the steps. They didn't seem to be getting ready for the holiday, but Keefe didn't blame them. He hadn't heard about Christmas before Sophie and the only reason he remembered because she had been thinking about her family back into the Forbidden Cities. 

"I actually wanted to speak to Della?" Keefe asked him. Fitz was still standing beside him, hands behind his back as he looked up at his father. Alden nodded, gesturing for Keefe to follow him up the stairs. Keefe followed him towards Della's bedroom where she was brushing her long brown hair. 

"Oh Keefe! What are you doing here so early in the morning?" Della asked him, blinking in and out. Keefe bit his lip. 

"I was actually hoping to use some of your Christmas stuff for Sophie? She's been trying to not leave the house with the baby," Keefe told her. Della smiled and nodded, waving him out of the room and back down stairs. In the same closet as last year, totes were piling on top of each other with different markers as well. 

"Take what you need," she told him. Keefe nodded, telling her a quick thank you before snatching the smaller pin which read: Ornaments.

He leapt back to the house,  setting the bin down. Edaline was waiting for him to arrive back, leaping with him back to Everglen to begin collecting other decorations. They needed Grady's help when bringing the Christmas tree back to Havenfield.

"Okay, so I think you connect the tree limbs to the trunk," Keefe said, opening the large box to see wire sticking out of the prickly green branches. He was hoping there would be direction because Keefe had no idea what he was getting into. But him and Edaline both figured it out eventually, placing the tree wires inside the notches on the artificial skinny trunk of the tree. 

He suddenly heard Sophie groaning from her bedroom up the stares. Both of them froze and Keefe almost dropped one of the small branches onto the floor. 

"Sunshine?" Keefe asked, turning to the stairs. He then quickly set the branch he was holding back in the box and rushed up the stares at the sound of the door opening. She was just about to turn the corner of the stairs when Keefe quickly blocked her view. 

"Angel, what are you doing up this early?" Keefe asked, slowly and carefully pushing her back around the corner. 

"I could ask the same for you," she whispered to him. She could see she was sweating, her face slightly sticky as he placed a hand on her forehead.