Chapter 21

Keefe's POV
Me and Sophie ran like our lives depended on us as we heard trampling footsteps coming from behind us.

"Those are no kids footsteps," Sophie whispered to me. I nodded in agreement and dodged a tree trunk. The colorful leaves were falling everywhere from the difference of temperature. Sophie dodged another tree branch and jumped over a room. The footsteps were getting louder and closer.

"We have to run faster," I whispered. All of a sudden, I heard a gun click and it came from in front of me. I looked in front of me and the color drained from my face.

"They didn't," Sophie whispered. I fell to my bottom and slowly crawled away. All of a sudden, ice pelts were fired at me and I yelped. Everywhere hurt, not dieing painful, but it hurt.

"HAHAHAHA, YESSSSSSSS! SWEET, SWEET REVENGE! REVENGE HAS NEVER FELT SO GOOD! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT SENCEN!" Grady shouted. he ran off, laughing like he was a little kid again. I groaned.

"Okay, they've crossed the line," I groaned as Sophie helped me sit up. I groaned again and rubbed my temples.

"Hey, kids! I got you something," a voice said from the bushes. It was a woman's voice and I reconsidered it from somewhere.

"Edaline?" I asked. The figure stayed silent, but I heard rustling come from the bushes. A black hooded figure came out and at first I thought I was going to die a more painful death than being shot to death by Sophie's over protective father. But, it was just Edaline Ruewen with a first aids kit. She knelt down beside me and started to clean my wounds. Then, I heard more trampling footsteps coming from the hill to my left.

"They're coming back with more reinforcements. You guys better hid," she says, walking back into the bushes. I stood up with Sophie next to me. I was just about to walk away, when Edaline said one more thing. "Oh and Keefe? I was never here," she whispered. I smiled and nodded, before dashing away with Sophie. We ran through the woods and once again heard trampling footsteps coming after us.

"That boy is going to get more than just bruises the next time I get my hands on him," a voice said. I was assuming it was Grady, because he was the only person I could think of who would want to litterly kill me, until I heard another voice.

"That little punk is going to get it after all those pranks he's done to me," a woman's voice said. As much as I was hoping it was the same person. it wasn't, unless Grady has some serious polyglot skills.

"I will get my revenge on him for stuffing my favorite cape into a random closet and having it sabotaged with gulon gas" another voice growled. Oh and how I knew that voice to well. Dear old Daddio. I was to focused on the blabbering noises, I wasn't paying attention to where I was running and ran straight on into a tree. I groaned as I fell to my bottom and the woods got very quiet, except the quiet noises of Sophie's footsteps of her running away with me levitating on her tail. We emerged from the woods and I was finally able to look at the figures who were on our tail.

Greatest Dad in the World

Grady Ruewen

and none other than Councilor Alina

I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Why do so many people have to hate you Keefe?" My beloved Sophie asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Correction, they don't hate me. They're just jealous of my awesomeness."

"Keep telling yourself that."

The three of them were slowly creeping toward us with their loaded guns raised.

"I call the face," Grady said.

"I'll take the chest," Alina recomended.

"I'll take his soft spot." Daddio called. I immediately covered it. Right as I heard the clicking of a trigger, Sophie stepped in front of me and took all the shots for me. She groaned and fell into my arms as the shots stopped.

"Now we can be bed buddies together again," she said. I picked her up and into my arms and ran for the house. I ran inside and up to her bedroom.

"Thanks for taking all of those for me Foster. You didn't have to do that," I said. She smiled and pulled my head down and into a sweet kiss. I smiled and rubbed the bruises on her neck a I pulled away and stared into her eyes for a few seconds.

"You're welcome Keefe and you should rest." She said, rubbing circles on my forehead. I slumped onto her bed and nodded.

"Night Foster," I whispered.