𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐀𝐃 walked deeper into the woods. As Vasilisa and everyone had walked past purple flower, Finn took one and placed it in with Octavia's hair. "Now, that, my friend is game." Jasper said watching behind the two. I laughed sarcastically, "That, my friend is poison sumac." I said taking the flower from Octavia's hair. "The flowers aren't poisonous." Monty said correcting my words. "They're medically calming, actually." I said correcting myself too, while Monty had ate the flower.

"My family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the ark. What about you, Guzmán?" Monty asked me. "I know my plants." I said shrugging. "Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke asked, I tilt my head at her. "Come on, Clarkie, we're on earth, try to be a little bit excited." I said walking past her. "Yeah, and how do you block this all out?" Finn asked, agreeing with me. "Well, it's simple. I wonder 'why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed. To enough radiation to kill us." Clarke said, I stare at her, too many maybes. "Sure is pretty though. Come on." Clarke said before continuing on.

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac." Octavia said making her and Kali high five. "I got to know what you two did to get busted." Finn said to Jasper and Monty. "Sumac is not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean." Monty said behind us. "Should I know what it means?" Kali asked, I push her slightly. "Someone forgot to replace what we took." Monty said before I heard Jasper mutter, "Someone has apologized like 1, 000 times." I chuckle before Monty asked for Octavia.

"How about you, Octavia. What'd they get you for?" Jasper asked, I could feel Octavia tense. "Same as Lisa's brother. Being born." Octavia said, I looked behind my shoulder as she caught up with me. "Lisa, what's your story?" Monty asked, changing the subject. "It's probably being she's not an only child as well?" Jasper asked, I shook my head. Kali turned looking at me from beside Clarke who did the same. "I stole a couple times. That was before Kit was born. The only reason I'm down here was because I volunteered to do it. Kit wasn't even supposed to be here." I said almost breaking down and I walk faster.

Behind Vasilisa, Octavia looked at Monty and Jasper before she mouthed them, 'Great Job'. Monty and Jasper looked down at the ground. Octavia caught up with Vasilisa again. "Hey, I know you probably don't wanna talk about it anymore. But why did you mother do what she did. And how is she still breathing?" Octavia asked hasty with the question. "Well, 𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧." I said explaining and thinking about Caspian. "And so..." Octavia said letting me further explain. "My step father was the one who saved my mother." I said looking down at the ground trying my best to ignore remembering that moment.