𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒, everyone was in the throne room. Vasilisa Lothbrok had stood beside Irgun while Lexa sat on her throne. "Ambassadors of the Coalition, today honour our covenant. The Clan that stands against one of us, stands against us all." Lexa said to everyone in the room. "Bring in the Accused." Titus said and the doors opened to show the Ice Queen. As she walked in, her eyes found me and Clarke along with her son, Roan. Queen Nia was brought to her knees. "Queen Nia of Azgeda has confessed to the destruction of Mount Weather resulting the death of 49 members of Skaikru." Titus said making me look at him and between Nia. "Wanheda, what do you say?" Titus asked turning to Clarke. "Skaikru demands Justice." Clarke said, giving the answer. "Ice Nation does not answer to this girl." Queen Nia had spoken giving a side eye to Clarke. "Silence!" Irgun had spoken up. Nia looked at him with widen eyes and didn't miss to give me a look.

"The punishment for your crime is death." Titus spoke again, giving Queen Nia of Azgeda her sentence. "Do you have anything to say in your defence?" Titus asked, finishing off. "I need no defence. She does. Today is judgment day. I call for a vote of no confidence." Queen Nia said, though everything thought she was talking about Lexa, their Commander. Nia was sending those words to Vasilisa. "Take this Queen to meet her fate." Titus said quickly, as guards went to take her, a member of the Coalition stood from his seat. "Not so fast. Commander no longer." An elder with a long white beard said and so did others. "Take them away too!" Irgun said getting furious, I held him back.

"Wait." I had spoke and walked down the stairs to stand beside Lexa's throne. I looked at her as she did to me, I gave her a soft and tight smile before turning to the Members Of The Coalition. "Lexa, please execute these traitors-" Titus said ignoring my effort to stop the decision. "Let my Second make her move. Let the Queen make her move." Lexa said holding her hand out for Titus. Soon, everyone stood up, making a betraying turn against Lexa. "Commander, what is this?" Clarke asked looking at Lexa from her chair. "This is a coup." Lexa said emotionlessly. "This is the law, her law- a unanimous vote of the Ambassadors or death are all that can remove. A Commander from Power." Nia said looking at Clarke and Lexa. "It's not unanimous." Clarke said, shaking her head. "We don't recognize the legitimacy of Skaikru." Nia said as she hissed at Clarke. "We do. Yesterday Skaikru took the brand. They are the 13th Clan. This vote of no confidence fails." Titus said pointing at Clarke and stepping down the small stairs.

"All these coup plotters will suffer the exact same fate as the Ice Queen." Titus said pointing at everyone standing. "She won't take our heads because she knows our armies will retaliate. None of us here want War." Nia said as she turned around the room. "We both know what you want, Nia," That's when Lexa stood from her throne and walked over to Nia. "If you think me unfit to Command, issue the challenge and let's get on with it." Lexa hissed at Queen Nia. "Very well. But it is not you that is challenged. Your second." Nia has said making everyone murmur and Lexa look back at me. I gave her a knowing look, this was what I talked about last night. I looked at Queen Nia. "I accept your challenge." I said as I stepped down the stairs. "So be it. Single combat. Warrior against warrior to the death." My eyes have a side eye to Titus, to the death? Shit. "Queen Nia of Azgeda, who do you choose to be your champion?" Titus asked Nia.

Her head turned to Roan, "My son Roan, Prince of Azgeda." Nia said as my eyes looked at the Prince on his knees. "Lisa, non fights gon ai. Lisa, no one fights for me." Lexa said to me, I look at her, breaking my contact with Roan. "Yu promised, Leksa. You promised, Lexa." I simply said, for the first time, I had seen her look defeated. I looked between Nia and Roan, Nia had a smirk while Roan looked emotionless. I rose my head and kept it high.

────────────────────────────

𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 with The Nightbloods and talked with them about being Heda. "What are the three pillars of being Commander?" I asked the children. "Wisdom. Compassion. And strength." One boy answered and he was correct. "Train hard and remember, each of your are worthy of your Nightblood." I said to them wisely. "Nightbloods. Follow me." Titus said to the children who stood up and walked out the door. I asked Titus to stay when Lexa had arrived. "Clarke, this is Aden. Aden is the most promising of my noviciates. If Lisa should die today, he will likely succeed her." Lexa said to Clarke about Aden with proudness in her voice. "Clarke worries about her people. Tell her what will happen to them when you become Heda, Aden." Lexa said to Aden, he turns to Clarke. "When I become Heda, I pledge my loyalty to the 13th Clan." Aden said, remembering what his duty. "Thank you. Now join the others." I said as he bowed before leaving.

"See? Nothing to worry about." I said shrugging. "I'm sorry if I'm worried about the fate of our people lies in the hands of a child." Clarke said making me shrug again. "Then you worry for nothing." I said as I walked to another part of the room. "I've sent Indra to raise an army from the villages near Arkadia. Your people are protected, as I vowed they would be." Lexa said as she walked to her throne. "This is not just about my people. Lisa doesn't stand a chance against Roan." Clarke said making me sigh and scoff at the same time. "I guess you forgot the times when I had to fight for my life multiple times just to save the people on your list that need saving." I said sarcastically as I looked out the broken window of the balcony.

"Lisa, I saw him kill 3 men in the time it took the first one to hit the ground." Clarke said making me walk back to them. "If your right, then today's the day my spirit will choose it successor, and you will have to accept that." I said almost hissing in irritation. "Like hell I do." Clarke said, annoying how she was always so hardheaded. I sighed and walked back and forward but also making sword movements with my hands. "You can't fight Roan." Lexa had said making me sigh again. "Not you too, Lexa, please." I said getting tired of this conversation. "You know you can't fight Roan, not because of the fate of what could happen but because you are carrying a child." Lexa said nonetheless. "That may be, but don't forget that I was the one to accept the challenge. I'll remember to keep my guard up, especially to my stomach. I know this is considered reckless, but I won't back down. Not for you, Clarke or anyone." I said before I left the throne room, not letting Lexa speak and to get ready for the combat that would change the ways of Polis and all the 12 Clans.

───────────────────────────