𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐉𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐔𝐙𝐌𝐀́𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 outside as she was called to talk with Kane. She had already disliked Major Byrne. She knew that this meeting was gonna be about Kali and the boys leaving the camp. She would always own up to her decisions despite the consequences there was to it. "You wanted to see me?" I asked with slight irritation. "Thank you, Major." Kane said making her walk to the door. She glanced at me and I did the same unphased with the look at her face.

"Tell me it wasn't you." Kane said making me erupt my laugh I tried to keep down to be serious. "Are we really back to this? On the Ark, you did anything you wanted. Without a second thought about the consequences." Kane said making me laugh again. "Back to this? Anything I wanted? Your right about one thing, I don't second think the consequences. Everything I did on the Ark, I did for my children, Abby's daughter, everyone on the Ark whom had to send their child away to the ground without even knowing it." I said raising my voice and stepping forward.

"Letting prisoners go. Arming them. Those are serious crimes, Jennifer. As Chancellor, you can't expect me to just-" "You weren't elected Chancellor, Kane. You only got the job because of Thelonious' sacrifice to get us on the ground." I said before I walked out the room without a thought to let him speak. "Jenny, what happened?" Abby asked when I walked out the station. "It's okay. But Kane's becoming a puppet. And I think I know the mastermind." I said looking at Abby before my eyes landed in Byrne's who was looking at me but turned to act as if she wasn't staring for so long. "What's gonna happen?" Abby asked worried for me. "Don't worry about it."

───────────────────────────

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒, Vasilisa was watching the Indra and the grounders with Octavia and the boys. I heard them talking as they looked to be hunting out. I came from behind the tree making them stop. "If your going after the Reapers, let us go too. They have something of ours." I said standing tall and looking straight at Indra. "Kill the girls." Indra told the grounders behind her.

When they ran to me, I didn't take my eyes off Indra who did the same. "Lisa, come on!" Octavia shouted at me before I was pulled to run. As I caught up with the boys, we meet together as we hid behind a rock while the grounders that were to kill Octavia and I ran past us. "So much for the end of bad blood." I said after the area was clear, I sighed and rested my head on the rock before we moved from our spot and slowly follow them to get to the Reapers.

Soon they stopped and planed their attack. "The entrance to the tunnel is here." I heard Indra talk first when I swiftly moved from one tree to another. "We will ambush them here." Indra finished. "This is your plan? Tomac us wounded. Artigas is just a boy-" "They took my father. I can fight." Artigas said as he looked at Penn. "Can you fight a Reaper?" Penn asked making Indra speak. "Stop! We strike from the shadows when they stop to feed on our bait." Indra said making me listen closer.