𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐄, Vasilisa Guzmán, Octavia Blake, Ragnar, Lincoln and Irgun Kom Trikru and Ragnar's songs: Bjorn, Henrik, Floki and Ivar were currently resting at a river and had to clean Vasilisa's wound. "Ai laik Okteivia Kom Skaikru en ai gaf gouthru klin." Octavia was currently practicing their language, sitting on the log I rested my back on. "'Klir', not 'Klin'. 'Gouthru klir.' Again. 'I'm Octavia of the Sky People and I seek safe passage.' " Lincoln said as he got clean water from the river. "But why did we even have to learn this? You speak English." I said looking at Lincoln who came back.

"Our warriors speak English." Henrik said as he stayed by the fire that was near my leg. "When we get to the sea, you need to sound like one of us." Ragnar said as he checked the cloth around my leg. "We still have time. What about this one?" I asked pointing at the next picture of a statue of a man on a chair. "A statue near our village. A place we go to settle disputes." Lincoln said before I made Ragnar looked at me who seemed hesitant.

"Stop stalling and pull it out." I said and he did making me groan in sudden pain. "So, now warning either?" I asked making Ragnar smirk before I saw a heated blade in Lincoln's hands from the fire. "I retract my question. No warning is better." I said as I sat up to get ready and comfortable. I gasped and grunted through my teeth when the heat touched my skin and healed up the skin to a crisp. Lincoln tasted the blood off the arrow before he instantly spit it out. "Poison."

I sighed and tilted my head from the slight tense feeling in my neck. "I'm guessing neither of you have the antidote." I asked as I took deep breaths to calm my body down. "No, I gave it to Finn to save Raven." Lincoln said making me grunt through my teeth again. "Fucking Finn." I cursed and looked to the scenery to my left. "We can go back." Octavia said since she didn't want me to get the poison even more digested in my blood stream. "It's too far." Irgun said before Ragnar had cursed irritably with the problem.

"Guys, we cannot go back to your village. You know more than me what happens to traitors." I said looking between the three men before landing on Ragnar. "Lisa-" "I don't need to remind you. Every single member of your clan will take turns stabbing you. And then they'll feed you to the bugs." I said finishing before Ragnar's sons looked to be thinking. "Father, she can feed on the beetles, it'll be funny to see her reaction to eat one." Ragnar's youngest son: Ivar said as he crawled over to my sights. "And I bet you'd love if I threw up my guts." I said making him shrug innocently.

"Okay. Take this. Boys, you stay with Lisa and Octavia. I'll be right back. Ire, Lincoln, come with me." Ragnar said before he and the two men ran to get beetles while I stayed with Octavia and the boys. I sighed and rested my head on the log before my breathing hitched when I saw a man who's face was all mushed up. "Guys... Guys! Look." I said as I pointed my shaky hand at the man. "Lisa, there's no one there." Octavia said while the boys looked at where I pointed. When it got closer to me, I screamed. I grabbed the sword and weakly got on my feet.