𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, drums beating, Coalition members in the room, all surrounding the last Mountain Man: Emerson. Vasilisa took his in looks, his body beaten, his pale skin all bruised and bleeding. Half his face was all wreaked and splattered with blood. And he stood there strapped to a pole where Lexa Kom Trikru had entered the room. The drums stopped when Lexa held out her hand while she stood in front of her throne, where Vasilisa stood beside. "We came together tonight, as we have countless times before, to watch a man die. Wanheda." Lexa had announced to the members and gave her knife to a guard and he walked over to Clarke. "Vengeance is yours." Lexa told her as she stared at the back of Emerson's head. We all watched as she walked to the knife but didn't pick it up.

Clarke looked to be thinking, "No." this had everyone start to murmur in confusion. "I don't know if your death would bring me peace." Clarke begun as she stood in front of Emerson. "I just know I don't deserve it." Clarke said, Vasilisa hadn't hid the slight admiration she had by just the blondes words. "This man must die. If Skaikru will not take his life, then Heda will." Titus said, throwing a fit in Vasilisa's opinion making her speak up. "Heda will speaking for herself." I said keeping my ground as I stared at Titus emotionless. "Enough, Titus." Lexa said speaking for herself, and agreeing with me. "What the hell is this?" Emerson asked Clarke. "I wouldn't be killing you for what you've done. I'd be killing you for what I've done." Clarke said, making my eyes mix with confusion and realization. "I give this man his life. Blood must not have blood." Clarke said, she looked at Titus who looked pissed off making me smirk while Emerson roared in anger. "Silence!" Lexa said to the members who all looked around rapidly.

"The crimes of the Mountain cannot be answered by one man. Wanheda knows this. The Queen of Kattegat knows this too. They're actions show us a promise for a new future, a world in which violence does not always answer violence, a world in which our children can flourish without the shadow of death." Lexa said, including me on this. I nodded at Lexa's reevaluation to how actions shape change. Clarke nodded to Lexa in thank you. "This prisoner is banished from my lands. He will live, but he will live with the ghosts of those he has lost, haunted until the end of his days by the knowledge that he is the last of his kind." Lexa said, giving Emerson's fate to him and the people. Clarke had walked closer to Emerson. "May you live forever." Clarke told her last words to Emerson before he was taken away. Clarke had found my eyes and I gave her a nod with proudness in my face. She gave me a tight smile before walking back to her place.

───────────────────────────

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the banishment of Emerson, I stood with Lexa by her throne as usual, I would admit, I missed Irgun, I sent him to watch the camp from afar and secretly helped Mom and the others to what it seemed like, stop the chaos starting in the camp by Pike and his followers. "We gather here on this ascension day to honour the Commanders that came before me, those who live on within me as I will live on with one one of you." Lexa said, I looked over at the young Nightbloods. Men were shouting at the end of the hall where men walking in, looking like they came out from a battle. "The Flamekeeper promised we would be heard!" The Man in the front said as he walked in the throne room. "Titus, what this this?" Lexa had asked, calmly on her throne. "Something you need to hear, Heda." Titus said, leaning down to Lexa.