𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 returned back to Lexa who waited all night with Indra, slowly healing from her wound. "Where's Octavia?" Indra asked, the two girls looked at her. "She's watching over the. . . the camp." I said and felt a small pinch in my belly. I hummed at the feeling making Clarke, Lexa and even Indra become cautious at my change in state. "Lisa, are you-" "No. No, no, no. I'm fine. I just need to sit down." I said as I saw, soon, the pinches went away and I rubbed my belly. "So, tell us, Clarke, how does this end? Have you come up with a way to save your people yet again?" Lexa asked, though she was mocking the other strategy that could be done. "No. Only you can do that. What happened here was an act of war. Your army was here to help us, and my people slaughtered them. You have very right to respond, every right to wipe us out, or you can change the way you do things." Clarke said as she looked between Lexa and Indra.

My eyebrows rose at her accusation. "Why should she change? Blood must have Blood." Indra said, that was their way. "Really? Because from where I stand, the only way that ends is with everyone dead." Clarke said turning to Indra. "So, what kind of leader do you want to be? The kind who kills every chance she gets because that's your way? Or the kind who she's the world a better way?" Clarke said convincing Lexa to change her ways. "You consider letting a massacre go unavenged a better way?" Lexa asked, I always seemed to consider and think she or a Grounder was right. "If it ends a cycle of violence, yes." Clarke said, I combed back my hair. "There's no way to end a cycle of violence. There's no peace without violence. Either you want to admit it or not." I said, almost darkly. Lexa walked back and forth away but Clarke didn't give her the space yet. "You say you want Peace. Everything you've done was to achieve that, yet here we stand on the brink of another war, a war you could stop." Clarke finished, finally in my opinion. Indra leaned up from her resting position. "Commander, you can't seriously be considering this." Indra said, almost looking shocked.

My eyes looked from Indra before Lexa to hear her answer. "I'm not considering it." Lexa said, at first I thought she made her final decision. "I'm doing it." Lexa finished, I could tell Clarke went into relief. "Heda, please." Indra begged. "Indra, our people act as if war is easier than peace. If that's so, should we not try and achieve the more difficult goal?" Lexa asked, she now had a different mindset now. "Polis wouldn't support you on this, though." I said, softly, almost prepared for her to rise her voice or become more stern. "Titus-" "Titus is my subject. They're all my subjects." Lexa had looked between me and Indra. "Do you say they will defy me? Will you defy me?" Lexa asked, for the both of us. I sat up straight. "Of course not, Heda." I said looking at her with my face to the side of the fire. My eyes turned to Indra who had yet to speak. "No, Heda. I will not." Indra spoke her answer. "Then let it be known. Blood must not have blood." Lexa said as she looked at Clarke.

────────────────────────────

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒, Vasilisa Lothbrok had walked with Titus and guards behind them carrying a cart with them. Knocking on the door and entering the room to find Lexa Kom Trikru and Clarke Griffin together. "Pardon me, Heda. I didn't realize you were busy." Titus said as he glanced at Clarke, Vasilisa couldn't help but roll her eyes at how Titus was overly jealous with their relationship. "Are you going to tell me what's in the box, or not?" Lexa asked, she, Clarke and Vasilisa looked at the man who just stood there. "Forgive me. This is a gift from King Roan of Azgeda." Titus said making Vasilisa switch on her feet and mutter, "Surprised he didn't thank me for that title." I said under my breath, Clarke looked at me while I could feel Lexa force away a smirk she had fought against. "It's for Wanheda." Titus continued, after I cut him off.

"The messenger said this is both proof of Azgeda's loyalty to the Coalition and an answer to a yet-unanswered question. May I?" Titus asked and finished before he moved out the way while the guards opened the cart. That's when a man was in the box with chains. "Emerson." Clarke said, that's when Emerson had snapped on his knees to his feet and attacked Clarke. "Stop him! Get him out of here! Put him in a cage now!" Lexa demanded, as they took Emerson out of the room. "I'm fine." Clarke said as she got out of Lexa's hold from helping her up. I watched as Emerson roared behind the gag in his mouth while he got forced out the room. "Well, you sure have an admirer, Clarkie." I said sarcastically when Emerson was gone, and the room slightly quiet.

Lexa had called for a meeting, I followed after them into the throne room. "She should wait with Clarke." Titus said looking at me at the door frame. "She is my second, she should be with me." Lexa defended me against Titus, I didn't bother to hide the smirk on my face as I walked in the room effortlessly. I sat down on the steps and dipped my sword down on the cement while I watched Titus speak against Lexa's judgment. "Your letting her cloud your judgment at a time-" Titus said, still ranting about this conversation. "I thought you were supposed to be loyal." Lexa said to Titus as she was dangerously calm. "I am, but you are too personally in-" Titus was cut off by Clarke who entered the room past the Coalition members. I caught Titus's mutter: "Here she is." I glared at him from my position at the steps.

"You wanted to see me, Commander?" Clarke asked, looking straight at Lexa. "Yes. I need to discuss the fate of the last Mountain Man." Lexa said as she came down the steps to Clarke's height. "I believe he deserves death." Titus nonetheless spoke up, un-needed to be honest. "I believe it's Clarke's decision." "She can speak for herself, Titus." I said in sync with Lexa's option on Clarke's decision. That's when Lexa looked at Clarke. "Titus is right." Clarke said making me sigh and have an unbelievable emotion on my face. "You see? It is human nature to need vengeance. Only once satiated can there be peace. That is our way." Titus said as he walked down to Lexa and Clarke. "That was our way." Lexa hissed, she had to tell him that multiple times already. "Clarke..."

I watched as they stared at each other, I broke my silence. "So blood must not have blood applies only when it is my people who bleed." I asked as I stepped up from my sitting position. "That was about stopping a war." Clarke said giving me a bullshit reason. "If we did kill him, would there be war then with his death?" I asked, pressuring Clarke now. "No. This is about finishing one." I tilted my head, as did Lexa. "I'm sorry, but if you want my advise, I agree with Titus. He deserves to die for what he did." Clarke said, making her 'advise'. "I'm not looking for advise. I'm looking for a decision." Lexa said, almost demanding. "He was gifted to you. Crime he stands charged with is against your people." Titus said, making Clare sigh. "So what will it be, then, Clarke... banishment from our lands forever or death by 49 cuts from your hand?" Lexa had asked for Clarke's decision. And she wanted it now. "You have til sundown to decide." Lexa said, also giving Clarke her deadline. She looked at me and nodded before the two of us walked out the throne room.

───────────────────────────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋