𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏 𝐉𝐀𝐇𝐀, everyone was packing up to leave the camp before the Grounders got there first. Kali had stayed close with Jennifer Guzmán and Abby Griffin as she watched everyone moving rapidly. "You made the right decision, Abby." Jaha told Abby. I bit my tongue to hold myself from saying anything. If anything, I felt like Jaha was getting too deep in his feelings about the Grounders and everything. Soon, Clarke and Finn came back to camp. "Mom." Clarke called her mother as we ran to them.

Abby looked at her daughter worried. "Where have you been? We're leaving." Abby told her daughter while Jennifer stood beside me. "I know how to stop the attack." Clarke said slightly shocking me and pulling me into the winds of relief. "What are you talking about?" Jaha asked looking at Clarke like she was crazy. "We haven't been able to negotiate with the grounders because we haven't had anything to offer them. The biggest threat they face is from the Reapers. I think we may be able to eliminate that threat for them once and for all." My eyebrows rose from already being convinced and I looked at Abby whom she did the same.

Abby looked between the three of us before looking at her daughter. "How?" That made Jaha walked closer, "Abby, you can't serious-" Jaha was cut off when someone caught something outside the gate to find multiple Grounders lighting torches. Soon, all of them looked like a million fireflies in the black opening. My eyes took in their placement before we had to head inside for a council meeting. One thing I wasn't prepared to listen to was Jaha's negative approach.

────────────────────────────

" 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 yet, which means we still have time." Clarke said when Byrne joined us and stood beside Sergeant Miller. "We have two hours till dawn." Abby said looking at her daughter. "Let me talk to the Commander. She was Anya's second. Maybe she'll listen." Clarke said making me speak up. "If you somewhat talked with Anya, and the convo she had with Vas, that's a 60 over 40 chance." I said looking at Clarke, thinking she had a slight chance.

Nonetheless, Jaha thought of another negative. "We don't even know if the Commanders here." Jaha said as he played with his hands. "Yes, we do. Nyko told us. You have to at least let her try." Finn said looking at Abby. "If Nyko told Vas, who also told you, I trust him." I said going all the way with them. "Abby, we're wasting time. Give me the authority now." Jaha demanded as I could tell he was practically impatient. "Hold on. Clarke, you said Ragnar is going through withdrawal. But we don't know what he's withdrawing from." Jennifer said looking at the blonde.

"The detox alone could kill him. That's where you and Mom come in." Clarke said looking at the two doctors. "And if we can't save him?" Abby asked considering the options. "That's not an option." Clarke said, I was right. "We are risking everything on a bluff, Abby. We have an out. We have a way to save the lives of our people." Jaha said, I sighed even when I noticed everyone else seemed to disagree. "Not all of them." Finn stepped in looking at the Ex Chancellor.

Finn's comment made him stand up from his seat. "We will come back to save the kids inside Mount Weather." Jaha said making me scoff a laugh. "Now, we all know that won't happen. Even if we did leave, what's your plan to stop us when the time comes?" I asked looking straight at Jaha with my arms crossed. "Abby, this has gone long enough. If you do not give the order to begin the exodus, you are killing us all." Jaha said when he turned to Griffin. We all watched as our eyes moved to Abby.

Abby looked at her daughter before speaking. "I'm sorry." Abby begun, I didn't lose any hope that she would disagree with Jaha. That's when she turned to the man. "I can't give that order." Abby said to Jaha. Jaha had bit his lip before he leaned down to whisper in Abby's ear. "Abby... give the order." Jaha said not in such a whisper tone. "No." Abby said, I've never been so proud in my life. Abby Griffin was standing up to a man whom I wanted to kill since my 18th birthday.

"I.. am the elected Chancellor of the Ark. And I am not gonna let you risk the lives of my people. Do you understand. I'm going to ask you once again... give the order to begin the exodus." Jaha told Abby again, I held back my eye roll and shared a look with Jenny. "No. Are you through yet?" Abby asked making me smirk. Jaha eyes narrowed before he looked around the room to see us all staring at him making him back down in embarrassment.

Jaha left from in front of Abby and moved to Miller and Byrne. "Sergeant Miller, Major Byrne. I am relieving Dr. Griffin of her command. Place these five under custody but make sure that they are ready to leave with the rest of us within the hour." Jaha demanded as he placed his arms behind his back and looked at us. I gave him a harsh glare that I wish was even harder than I gave him at the moment. "Right now, Major! Or the blood of everyone in this camp will be on your hands, too." Jaha shouted as he snap when Byrne's didn't follow his orders.

All she did was stare at him and stay silent. "Major Byrne, Sergeant Miller. Place Jaha in the Stockade." Jennifer Guzmán had spoke up after the whole conversation. I looked at her with such admiration. "Yes, ma'am." Byrne said as she followed her order and Sergeant Miller moved aside to grab Jaha. Jaha snapped and released his arms very dramatically until he turned to Abby and Jenny. "Everything we did to survive, you're just throwing it all away, why?" Jaha asked making Jennifer step forward.

"Let me explain something to you. I am not throwing away our survival, I've saving it. The right way. This is not the Ark, we are on the Ground. So, we have new rules, and hopefully when you learn them, you'll learn to follow them. Jaha." Jennifer said surprising the hell out of me. Abby send Jaha away and to the Stockade. "Thank you." Clarke said to both Jennifer and Abby. "I'll send a guard detail with you." Abby said to her daughter as she looked at her.

"No. They'll see it as a threat. I have to go on my own. Finn will take you both to Ragnar." Clarke said to her mother and Jenny. "If your wrong, all of us are gonna die." Jennifer said looking at the blonde. That's when Clarke said she understood and we left. Clarke going to the Commander and I left with Abby and Jennifer to go and see Ragnar.

────────────────────────────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐙𝐌𝐀́𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒