𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the burnt wood after the fire had died down and only had the remains. She heard heavy footsteps coming behind her to show Ragnar Lothbrok standing beside her. "I lost someone special to me, too. Her name was Lagertha. She was killed in battle, protecting her people. I watched as they sliced a sword through her chest." Vasilisa looked at Ragnar whom was tight jawed and fixing himself on his feet as he looked to remember the moment in his head.

Vasilisa gulped and opened her mouth, "Why are you telling me this?" I asked, he seemed to tell me his personal life for a reason. "Because when she died, I didn't think I'd fall in love again. Until I met you, the first to land on the ground. With Octavia." Ragnar said as he smirked, hiding his pain and scoffed. "I'm sorry." I apologized, watching someone you love die can be tragic to anyone. Young or old. "Lexa lost someone too. She thought she'd never get over the pain, but she did." Ragnar said making me gulp.

"How?" "For recognizing it as it is, weakness." Ragnar answered making me look at him. "Love is not weakness. She stopped caring. About everyone and anything?" I asked and he nodded. "I wouldn't be able to do that." I said honestly. "That's how you put the people you care about in danger. Thats how the pain never goes away." I gulped and looked again at Ragnar who did the same. "The dead are gone, Lis. But the living are hungry." Ragnar said as he gave me his wisdom in pain. "Come." Ragnar said as he took my hand and we left the burning ashes.

───────────────────────────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄 had begun when Vasilisa and the others had stood with Trikru on another side of the table. Fruits, Vegetables and Meats all assorted for the picking. "Please accept this gift, Commander. We drink this at special occasions. I believe this qualifies." Kane said and Lexa accepted willingly. Gustus had taken the crisp circle shaped bottle of clear moonshine. "Thank you, Marcus of the Sky People." Lexa thanked Kane as she took the bottle in her hands.

Kane nodded and spoke, "Your welcome, Lexa. Kom Trikru." Kane said in an accent of a new language making Vasilisa, Kali and Summer smirk at his attempt to speak Trigedasleng. "Just don't drink too much of it." Kane included before Lexa turned to Vasilisa. "Vasilisa, let us drink together." Lexa said to the Nightblood. "Of course." I replied before two silver glasses were poured with moonshine and handed to Lexa and I. "And allow me." Gustus spoke as he took the glass from Lexa.

We watched as Gustus took a drink of the moonshine while he kept a glance on me, I simply eyed him up and down. He was acting weird since we arrived here. "Tonight, we celebrate a newfound peace. Tomorrow we plan our war to those we've lost. And to those we shall soon find." Lexa said as she looked at me, my lips formed a soft smile and I cheered before my lips went to take a drink. Suddenly, Gustus had fell on the table and coughed violently. My lips parted from confusion. "It's poison!" Someone shouted.