𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃, Vasilisa was alone after cleaning up Murphy and left him in the drop ship while she took out the book from Lincoln. "Hey, Tavia. Wanna learn about of Trigedasleng?" I asked making her question the name. "Grounder language?" I asked making her interested and agree. We laid next to each other and read through the book. "Lisa! Clarke!" I heard Conner call for Clarke and I. "Stay here." I told Octavia and left the tent. That's when I saw Conner coughing up blood and Clarke's eyes crying blood.

"What's happening?" Raven asked when Conner seemed to have a nose bleed. Soon, Derek was coughing by the fire while others backed away. "Raven, get away from them." I told Raven when I realized what was going on. "They're the ones who brought Murphy in." I said excluding myself before I got them inside the drop ship. When I rushed in the drop ship, I found Murphy who was coughing up blood, violently.

"Murphy, hey, look at me. I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the grounders." Clarke asked once she entered the ship. "I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off." Murphy said, shaking his head. That's when I realized why they did with Murphy. "They let you go." I said as I crouched down to Clarke and Murphy's height. "Bellamy, stay back." Clarke said as he entered the ship after.

"Did he do something to you both?" Bellamy asked looking between the three of us. "What the hell is this?" Bellamy asked when he noticed Clarke's face and the blood on the ground. "This is biological warfare. You were waiting for the Grounders to defend back after the bridge, this is their weapon. Murphy." I said looking back at the shaking boy in the corner.

"Is this your revenge, helping the grounders kill us?" Bellamy asked when I cleaned a cut that started to bleed out. "I didn't know about this, okay, I swear." Murphy said as he looked at Bellamy, weakly. "Stop lying! When are they coming?" Bellamy shouted and demanded, I sighed and turned back to my ex. "Murphy, think, alright? What can you tell us that's useful?" I asked softly. "Did you hear anything?" Clarke asked next.

"They are vicious, cruel.-" "You want to see vicious?" Bellamy asked threatening making me get irritated. "Bellamy, just shut up and let him speak, alright?" I shouted at Bellamy making his close his mouth and back down. "Whatever this thing is, it spreads through contact." Clarke said before Finn and Kit came into the ship. "Finn, Kit, you shouldn't be in here. No one should." Clarke said when she looked at the boys. "I heard you were sick." Finn said as he glanced at Bellamy.

"What is this?" Kit asked standing with Bellamy and Finn, side by side. "I don't know, some kind of hemorrhagic fever. We just need to contain it before-" Clarke was cut off when Derek started coughing and spitting blood up violently while shaking. "Hey, don't touch me. You could get sick." Clarke said when Finn touched her. "Finn, go and wash your hands." I said as I followed Clarke to Derek. As everyone asked questions while Derek was still coughing until his body dropped to the ground.

I crouched and moved his head to the side and feel his head was too heavy to be lifted by myself. "Is he-" "Dead." I said looking up at Kit who asked. "Here, Alcohol. Hold out your hand." Clarke told Finn as she placed moonshine over his hands. "What do we do?" Finn asked looking between us. "Quarantine. Round up everyone who had contact with Murphy. Bring them here." My eyes moved down since I was the first to touch him, Murphy knew that. "Connor, who was with you when you found him? Who carried him in? Think." Clarke asked before Connor's eyes looked at me before speaking.

"The first one there was Lisa. Her and Octavia carried them in." Connor said making everyone's eyes look at me. "Okay, Bellamy get Octavia, Clarke you check mine and Octavia's vitals when she gets here." I said as I took off my jacket. As more come in, Octavia was getting her signs checked while Bellamy, Clarke and Kit covered their nose and mouth. "Okay, we're done. No visible signs of swelling or bleeding from either of them." Clarke said as she took the flashlight from her face.

"So, your saying they don't have it?" Bellamy asked after he removed the cloth. "I'm saying they doesn't have symptoms, but that could change. We need to keep them here just in case." Clarke said making Bellamy and Kit instantly disagree. "Do you want to stop the spread, or not? Look, I'll keep them on the third level. With people who aren't symptomatic yet. Think of it as a way to stop Lisa from sneaking out, or if she asked Octavia to do that if she gets sick." Clarke suggested making me roll my eyes. "Fuck you, Clarke." I said for both Octavia and I.

"I'll let you know if their conditions change." Clarke said before the boys left, I sighed and went up to the third level with Octavia who stood there and Clarke turn around. "Lisa, wait. I need you to sneak out again."

───────────────────────────

𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐒𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 ran to Lincoln's cave where she found Ragnar, Lincoln and the boys from the bridge. As soon as I came in their sights, Lincoln had checked my face. "You knew..." I said as I gently took his hands from my face. "I tried getting you out of there. You see the flowers?" Ragnar said as he looked like he was leaving. "No, I saw them.. right before I found an old friend your people left for us to get infected by. People are already dying, Ragnar. Clarke sent me here for the cure." I said as I scratching my face, one of the boys scoffed earning my attention.

"There is no cure. Your people will end up dead." One tall buffy blonde said as he sharpened his blade. "So, then I can die from this too?" I asked but Ragnar stopped me. "This sickness wears off. Few are immune. We use it to soften the battlefield. I am not surprised your one of the strong ones." Ragnar said as he cupped my face before his explanation stuck out. "Battlefield?" I asked, if they use it on the battlefield then...

"They attack at first light." Ragnar said when he noticed I didn't know. "W- can't you help me save them?" I asked trying to think of a way to save as much as I could. "I can't. I tried. My people think I'm a traitor now." Ragnar said making me ask. "Why, because of the bridge? You were just trying to make peace." I asked but he disagreed. "It's not because of the bridge." I wasn't the stupid, I switched on my feet and gulped. "Because of me." I said as I looked up at Ragnar again.

"That doesn't matter now. We're leaving, Lisa, right now. I want you to come with us." Ragnar said laying it all on me. "Where would we go?" I asked since he and the others seemed to know where this would go. "East to the sea, then across it. There's a clan, allies of the woods. They'll take us." Ragnar said as he told me the plan. "I- I can't just get my brother killed." I told Ragnar but his friend behind him spoke. "There's nothing you can do to stop that." His friend said making me shrug. "I can warn them." I said since it was a thing to do.

"Lisa, they'll kill you. If your there at dawn-" "No. I won't. You wait for me here and we'll meet up with them when we leave. I'm coming with you guys." I said as I was ready to leave and warn them. As much as I didn't want to leave my friends, he was right. I couldn't do anything to stop this war. "Wait." Ragnar said before he gave me a kiss, I tried my best to ignore the people in the room and the eyes on us. "I'll be there." I said as I kissed his cupped hand on my face and left.

────────────────────────────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄.